Getting Chapstick Out of Daughter's Hair

Hi everyone! Any advice on how to get chapstick out of my daughter's hair? She took a tube of Carmex and beautifully rubbed it all over the top of her head. I have washed her hair repeatedly but it still looks greasy and oily. Does anyone know of a product that will get that out, or do I just keep washing it?
Thanks!!

Thank you for asking I wondered

My daughter did the same thing with a tube of glitter lip gloss from bath & body works. I repeatedly washed/conditioned & got the same results. A mom in my moms group recommended Dawn dish detergent to get the "grease" out. I still washed repeatedly between Dawn & shampoo and it eventually went back to normal. Once the grease gets out, condition well.

Try patting (not rubbing) some cornstarch onto her hair. Then wash as usual. I've heard this works for vaseline so it may work as well for chapstick. Good luck.

I have used Dawn dishwashing liquid when I have had to get something greasy out of the kids hair. It works, but may take a few times.

Any dishwashing detergent works fine. Just wash as normal maybe leaving on an extra minute. Works for us everytime.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

hair products washing