Removing 'Vicks Vapor Rub' from Nylon

I have a beautiful North Face nylon vest which now has a little footprint of Vicks Vapor Rub on it. I should of known not to wear it while getting my little guy ready for bed. Any suggestions on how to remove it? Thanks!!

Try Grease Lightning...it usually works pretty good on greasy oily stains. Or Goo Gone... it works great on removing stickers and gum so maybe it will break down that oily base as well. Good Luck. Mom of 3 boys!

I've had good results removing petroleum-based stains from clothes in the washer by using Shout stick stain remover. Also, if you can get the garment in the sink, you might try just a bit of dish soap in very warm water, scrubbing it in and then rinsing well before washing as normal.

Try liquid dish detergent full strength applied on the apot before washing as usual in the machine.

Try putting a little dawn dishwashing soap on the stain and rubbing it lightly by hand. You might have to let it sit awhile. Rinse it in the sink before you wash it by itself in the washing machine.

sounds like dawn is unanimous. that is what I would suggest. If you are a working mom that comes home in nice work clothes, hang a MOMMY APRON by the front door and wear it till you can change for the evening. babysat triplets and hated always looking smudged and drooled on but loved the babies.
good luck

Well that sounds like the sweetest stain ever ! :)

I think the Dawn would work, but one thing nobody else has mentioned is Grease Lightning (Walmart). I use that on clothes that have been washed & dryed to then find out the boys have a grease stain that is now set in. I put the Grease Lightning on it & let it sit a day, then launder (not dry if still there) and if still there put more on it, wait a day & wash. Don't dry until you get it all out. Anyways, this has worked numerous times on greasy stains that have been washed & dryed (thus set in). Just keep trying until you get it out & then dry.

My solution to removing any oil stains from clothing is De-Solv-it. You can get it in the furniture cleaner/cleaner section of Wal-mart. It is completely natural and non-toxic. It is basically orange oil, and it WORKS! I have a bottle in my laundry room to spray on those pesky oil stained shirts, and it works everytime. I have never had to rewash after treating it. Hope this helps!

Try a little dawn it usually is great at removing greasy stains.

1 / 3