Sticker Washed and Dried

Hi All,

Last week my son came home with a reminder sticker on his cotton shirt that the next day was a half day of school. Love these reminders believe me. Too bad there isn't a second sticker that says "all absent minded mommies remember to pull stickers off shirt before washing". My hubby washed and dried said shirt yesterday. It has a two inch square of what can only be described as dried on crmbly white paper. What can I do to get it off. It is my son's favorite shirt....of course. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks- A. B

Believe it or not, you can get the adhesive off by rubbing Peanut Butter on it, and letting it sit on there for an hour or so. Then wash off the Peanut Butter by running it under cold water. Although the adhesive will come off, the Peanut Butter will leave a grease spot on the shirt, so once you have the Peanut Butter all off, squirt some Dawn Dish Detergent on the spot, and work it in with an old toothbrush, then wait about 30 minutes, and launder the shirt again in cold water. Before putting the shirt in the dryer, make sure the stain is gone. If the stain isn't completely gone, treat it with the Dawn Dish Detergent again, leaving it on the spot longer before laundering it. Usually by the second wash, the grease spot will be gone.

Hope this information helps!

Try using W-D 40 directly on the sticker. (Goo-Gone is another oily based product that helps remove sticky residues as well). As W-D 40 is an oil, be sure to test a spot first and use as little as possible and if needed, let it sit for a short period of time and wash as usual. I would double check the spot again before drying.

WD40! One word!
I would never have realized how many things it can get out of clothes, lipstick (when my 18 mo old twins got a hold of a brand new tube and smeared it into new cream fleece jackets), silly puddy (when my 4 year old daughter left hers from easter in her pocket), oil stains of any kind, gum, and VOILA- stickers left from the wash and dryer. Spray on liberally. Let sit about 5 minutes. Come back and work the fabric together to get it in between the fibers. Wash one time in hottest water possible. Then if there is a discoloration still from the WD40 use a basic stain stick and wash one more time. Should be good as new!
By the way- it also takes crayons off anything (except flat washable paint since it just soaks into that). I use it to get crayon off walls, tables, you name it!!

Dear A., Sorry I don't have a good answer for you but the same thing happened to my Grand Daughter's school uniform last week, Grandma Mary

Anna,
Try Grease Lightning, it works great, I use it on everything in and around my house as well as my laundry. Spray it on, let it soak in for about a half hour or so and then respray it, then scrub it between your hands and soak it in as hot of water as possible. You may have to do it a few times and if it is glue that is still on there then try rubbing it instead of scrubbing.

This has happened to me before. I had to let it soak in water and I scrubbed it with a toothbrush. I'm sure there is an easier way to remove it and I am interested to find out how.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

adhesive hottest toy school uniform