Getting Out Stains!

Hi! My kids stain their clothes like crazy and I always wash and dry them without pre-treating first because I forget! Anyone have any home remedies or on the market stuff that REALLY works wonders? Most of the stains are dirt and food. Thanks!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for you GREAT tips! I used the Dawn dish detergent and OXY Clean combo! Works wonders!! I soak the clothes overnight too! So far its gotten out just about everthing! THANKS ALL!!!

If it is really bad (and most of my daughter's stains are...) I soak it in Oxy Clean overnight before washing. I also add a scoop to the washing machine. We used to use Baby Oxy Clean, but it is more expensive than regular, and does the same thing.
E.

I usually spot treat with Spray 'N Wash dual action stain treater (it's AWESOME! Gets out everything I've tried thus far) and then add 2 scoops of OxyClean to every load in case there's stuff I've missed. Really gets out most stains.

E.

1 cup powdered Cascade

1 cup Clorox II

5 gallons Very hot water from tap

Some people use a bucket for the water, others their washtub, and others right inside the washing machine.(drain recipe water before washing as usual) Combine all, mix and add stained clothing. Let sit overnight. Launder as usual.

Funny thing I just found this online.

Hope it helps.

Zout works great. I think the gel works better than the spray. I will work in the gel with an old toothbrush for the tougher stains, then just throw them in with the wash.

I use Zout... I love it! Works on every stain Alison has had, and she has some really BAD ones! Good luck!

I am a mother of a 4 year old boy, I love to pieces. I have the perfect tricks for you so listen up. First invest in the oxy clean powder that you add to the wash with your regular detergent. Also as you put the clothes in the wash look through them and pretreat the stain before throughing it in. Additionally, a any detergent will do, but Tide is excellent to pretreat and use for the wash as well. I also recommend shout or stain be gone spray, it's so easy to just spray before you wash. Finally, but here is were the magic begins, let the clothes soak for a little in the washer when the washer is full! Turn it off! Let the clothes soak for a little while for stubborn stains that you can see as you prepare to wash, let you washer run the complete cycle before it starts to rise turn it to start to give the clothes extra the cleaning they will need to get the stains out. This works like a charm. I promise! Happy Washing.....

I have always used Lestoil. It doesn't wear the clothes or effect colors! Our socks are super white after I soak them overnight in cold. Hot(heat) tends to set stains!! The stains went through the dryer so they may have set in. I would try spoting the area with Lestoil and gently rub in. Let sit for a few minutes and wash normally. Good luck! FYI- I have everyone tie items in a knot so I know to look for stains. HTH!
H.
Mom to 4 beautiful children ;-)

Shaklee's laundry products are excellent (and safe for your kids!). I have been using these products for a while (even before kids) and I am STILL amazed how well it gets stains out - and I have 2 boys and a husband (because you know husbands are dirty too!). There is a "soak the impossible" solution that I constantly test and it works everytime!

Shaklee products cost less than store brands AND work better in my opinion. Let me know if you'd like more info!

1 / 3