Washing Diaper Messes Out of Clothes

Any tips on getting diaper messes(i.e. stool stains) laundered off of clothes, especially white onesies? I rinse the clothes as soon as I can; I've tried spray and wash, sometimes it works, sometimes not...

Thank you so much for all of your responses. I am going to go out and get a bottle of peroxide ASAP!

my sister is the "Queen of Clean" and i just asked her this same question. she says she swears by Oxy Clean. she has an old dish bucket that everyday has something soaking in it at one time or another. she keeps her kids clothes immaculate! she said the only time it hasn't worked is when she's forgotten it for too long.

What has worked is putting some perioxide on the spot and putting it out in the sun. Sounds strange but it works.

I use Mrs. Meyer's Baby Clean Day Stain Remover. It works like a charm.

http://www.mrsmeyers.com/CategoryDetail.aspx?CategoryId=4...

Hi R.,
I have found an answer for that tricky problem!! I bought Charlies Laundry Soap (from the internet and it is TOTALLY kid/sensitive skin safe)...anyways I put Charlies soap and a little oxyclean for babies (buy it at Babies R Us) in a bucket and I let it soak for an hour or till I am ready to put in a load of those same clothes and it totally comes out!! Just google Charlies Laundry Soap and they ship for free!! and its cheap!

I would take a little bleach add it to the detergent soap in a squirk bottle, pre spray it before its washed, double rinse the clothes so baby won't have a reaction to the bleach, my kids white clothes to this day sparkle when they are cleaned. With poo stains on color clothes I use a non cholrine bleach. Same thing I added some with the soap in a squirt bottle and pre treat before I washed them, hardly ever was a stain it would not remove.

Hi R.,
I had a lot of stains to clean up when my son was a bit younger as he had chronic ear infections and the anti-biotics that he was on would make for one big mess and I found that Shout worked the best. Be sure though, that you let the shout soak into the clothing and then wash. I also add bleach to my whites which will make sure to get any yellow residue stains out. It has worked wonders for me and saved me tons of money not having to buy a new wardrobe for my son after every ear infection. Hope this helps...
Take Care,
H.

The best thing to use, and I know this sounds crazy...is called Folex. It's in a white spray bottle with purple writing. It says carpet cleaner on it (which also works wonders) but I promise you. It saved all my babies clothes!And she was a bit of a sickee.

Just put them in a warm water bleech wash, Once it has agiatated a little turn the machine off for 10, 15 minutes, then continue washing. always use a second rinse cycle when using bleech on childrens clothing, and use the fabric softner in second rinse. My babies clothes were never stained with this method. been a mom for 24 years. J.

R., I was introduced to this product through my parents dogs. In the pet store there are products that use enzymes to clean up dog messes. It works on grass stains, blood as well as poop and pee. It even cleaned up berry stains on carpet. The one that seems easiest to find is Natures Miracle. The best part of these products is that the enzymes combine with the mess. It changes them chemicly so that they are no longer whatevr they started as. Also it is very easy to use. Spray on enough to soak then let it dry.

Good Luck!!

1 / 3