Help with Stained Baby Clothing....

I am wondering if anyone has found a product that works good on breast-fed, poop stains on baby's clothing. My daughter seems to have "blow-outs" all the time and I can't get the stains out. I have even put spray on the clothes right after I took them off of her and they still don't come out. Please email me if you have found a particular product that works on these stains. Thanks!

totally agree with Andra k....the spray n wash that comes in a bottle half pink half white. I believe its called dual power. I even used it on formula stains from 2 years ago and it got them out. I love that stuff!

HI,

Well my daughter did the same thing. Everytime she went it was a blowout. What i did was. Rinse the clothes in cold water then spray Shout on them and just threw them in the laundry container. I found out if i washed them right away the stains didn't all come out. I haven't had a problem since. Then i just do my laundry the next day or so. It gives it time for the shout to work.

Zout by the Dial Company is great. You can find it at Meijer. Just don't respot with it days before the laundry...use it just before you put in wash, or it might lift colors. On whites, I prespot and dump into the hamper and leave it for days. Best, H.

I use the All-Purpose Cleaner from Charlie's Soap http://www.charliesoap.com/products/ (not sure if you can buy it in any stores). It works amazing on bf poo - I use cloth diapers, and have been able to avoid any stains. This stuff can even get out old stains on clothing that I had given up on... Hope this helps!

I was going to mention the same thing as Lori and Jenna. Cloth diapers! My daughter is breastfed and we've been using cloth since birth. We maybe had 2 small leaks from breastfed poo. Nothing like the blowouts I've heard about from others :) I definately suggest checking out cloth diapers. They've come a long way over the years and honestly it's not bad at all!! Some are as simple as disposables except instead of throwing them away you wash and reuse them. We love our cloth diapers :)

For stains on the cloth diapers the sun does a wonderful job.

There is Hope and Help for poop stain removal! It is called BIZ!! I have been using it for years. It is waiting for you at your local neighborhood TARGET!!:) BIZ is an enzyme detergent so it eats away at the stain but not the clothes. It does not cause fading either. My son is 6mos so I understand the blowouts and he is breastfed. I have even been able to get out old poop stains. The key to stain removal is soaking the clothes and forget about them and let the detergent do its job. I have let them soak for hours. A whole day or 2 even.( that is easy for me the laundry area is in the basement and I have 5 kids to distract me) When you just spray and toss in the wash you are not giving the detergent sufficient time to work. Things that have come out of clothes when I use BIZ is baby poop, grass stains, dried blood, mustard stains & marker to name a few. I have also used Dawn to take out stains and I have found that it works very well for grease/oil stains and food stains like tomatoe sauce. Remember the key is treat it and leave it for awhile. Hope that helps!

I had the same problem - I breast fed as well. I've tried everything, Oxyclean, Dreft, etc. The one that I found that works the best is Shout Advanced. It even works on old stains! My mother-in-law suggested it to me and I love it.

I soaked mine in automatic dish detergent. This breakes down many of the stains.

I breastfed all my babies, too, and our middle daughter ALWAYS exploded out of her diapers!! I would take the clothes off, rinse the mess out with cold water, then soak them in hot water and Oxy-Clean. It worked wonders! Good luck! :)

I always had luck with applying Dreft gentle laundry detergent directly to the stain.

1 / 3