Diaper Champ, Diaper Genie - the List Goes On!

What diaper pail do you use and love? I hated the diaper genie when I used it. It didn't do anything to mask the odors and we ended up just using the regular garbage and taking it out multiple times per day. So, I am looking for something better with this baby. I am debating between the diaper champ and the diaper pail listed on onestepahead.com. Have you used either? I think with both, you can use regular garbage bags. But, I have been told the pail on onestepahead.com is noisy so you cannot use it when baby is sleeping or napping. I'd love to hear your comments/suggestions!

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId... (diaper pail)

I got rid of my diaper champ. The smell gets out. I took to emptying multiple times a day and now I just carry poopy diapers right outside. Changing the bag is a total vomit moment and once I discovered insects where getting in and living in there, I was done done done with poop diapers staying in the house.

i used bags from the produce section of the super market.. the plastic bags... i would put diaper in it.. tie it... and throw away... no diaper pail for me.. they smell to much...

I don't like any of them. I don't like diapers just sitting there, pretty gross. We throw ours away in a trashcan in our garage after each diaper change.

I just don't like the idea of dirty diapers sitting in the house for very long. I had a Diaper Genie but quickly stopped using it. I think it's a waste of money.

We had the diaper genie for baby #1, didn't use anything special for baby #2. Didn't see it as necessary. We put a trash can with lid right outside door to garage. Every diaper goes into garage trash can. No stinky house. No wasted money on unnecessary baby products!

With my first, we used those plastic bags u get at the market. Put it in, tie good knots, and double bag it if necessary and put it out. A real $$ saver compared to buying a special diaper pail and the bags that come with it.

Well, my own personal opinion....Those things are expensive!!! I just got a regular trash can with a lid (kitchen size) and put it in my garage or on my porch. I put a regular trash bag in it. I changed the baby, walked into my garage and put the diaper in the trash can. Never noticed a smell, wasn't noisy, we out of my house. Worked great for me!

I bought the Diaper Champ for #1, but it REALLY got stinky after just a few diapers, and I could NEVER leave a BM diaper in there. With baby #2 we just used tiny garbage bags and took it out of the house every day. I agree with the first respodant's suggestion to get a trash can with a lid to keep in the garage. You can get a small plastic one at Target or Walmart for a few bucks and it really keeps the smell locked in there, and when you're done with the diaper stage, you can use it for other garbage.

1 / 3