Which Diaper Disposal Is Best?

Do you have a preference on which diaper disposal you use in your baby's nursery?

any extra plastic bags from Dominicks, Jewel, ect....throw the poop ones in and tie them up and get them outta the house before the whole place reeks like poop =) Honestly I think those diaper things are a huge waste of money--you can still smell the diapers.

We have a 2 month old and a 3 month old (so we have LOTS of diapers) and we just hang a grocery bag up by the changing table and each evening tie it up and throw it in the kitchen garbage that goes out every other day. No smell at all. If one of them has a really bad poop, then I put it in a scented diaper sack first then into the garbage. It is like $4 for 50 of the little diaper sacks. They will hold 2 or 3 diapers easily. Very economical for 1 baby.

I put mine in the normal garbage and take out regularly. I take the dirty diapers straight outside. I had the Diaper Champ and like others said, it starts smelling after a few months. I used baking soda and tried to clean it regularly but I couldn't stand the smell in my daughter's room after a short period.

I use a regular diaper pail with a plastic garbage bag liner. The pail cost about $15 at Babies R Us. When I get a poopy diaper, I put it in a diaper bag (I get them from the dollar store), then put it in the pail. The wet diapers, I just toss in the diaper pail. I change it every three days or when it gets full. It has worked well. I had the Diaper Champ, but after a while, the seal on it got bent out of shape making it hard to push back and forth. I also had the Diaper Genie, but found it cost too much.

I kept the plastic grocery sacks in a drawer in our nursery. Each diaper was tied up and thorn out in the trash can outside. I never smelled a thing. At first I had the Diaper Jennie, but it just seemed unsanitary to me. I got to where I was emptying it everyday. It was just too much work, and I still had a odor in the room.

one that permits me to use normal trashbags and does not require the manufacturers costly refills.

get the diaper genie II - i have the diaper champ also and i hate it. you can not put the used wipes in the hole on the champ and then put the diaper on top and try to flip it. the wipes hang up the mechanism everytime. i usually put the new diaper under the old diaper while it is still on my daughter and wipe her first before i pull the used diaper out. hence the reason the wipes are in the diaper hole before the actual diaper. i dont like having to clean all that out to make it work. if you put the used wipes inside the used diaper and then put the whole thing in the diaper hole, then it works great. i like diaper genie so i dont have to touch anything.

i have a diaper genie but after my first child i haven't ever used it again. The smell gets into the rubber lining and all the plastic parts. They just don't really work that well after a few months.
I have a regular plastic trash bag with a plastic bag that we take out once a week. I think it works fine. If you want I would put the poopy ones in a walmart sack tie it up and then put it in the bag. I don't think you need to take it out every night. But don't waste your money on the genie or the champ. A lid on the trash can works just the same!

I just got the $5 screw on lid plastic garbage can (about 3 gallon size). It worked fantastic. Recycled it maybe once a year? No biggie as it was only $5. Lined it with regular garbage bags. No smell at all as long as I screwed it tight. My grandmother and about half the women in my fam use a big glass jar with airtight lid. Also works fantastic, and unlike my plastic one, the glass never absorbs the smell so you never have to replace them. But they're heavy and expensive. Still... once the babes are grown it can be used for other things.

I am with the other posters...just take it to the garbage. No matter what system, they all seem to fail after a few months. I loved my diaper champ, until my son was about six months old. Then it made his room smell like an outhouse. My SIL loved her diaper genie for about seven months. My neighbor swore by an old school diaper pail, for about a month. Save the money and your nasal passages. :)

1 / 3