Christmas Gift for 16 Year Old Male

need ideas on what to get a 16 year old boy, he is ajunior in high school, not into much except video and computer games. Has pretty much all of them. Looking for something that may help get him involved in other things.

Best buy gift card is something all teens like, also if he sketchs then maybe a shetch pad and some pencils. But I found with my sons that I couldn't go wrong with the gift card. You can pick up a bag of socks to go with it. That sounds tacky but all teens need socks, at least mine did. I gave up buying clothes as then didn't like them.

Frankly, I think a 16 yr old pretty much knows his interests and you aren't going to be able to change them at this point...you are about 6 years too late. I would recommend getting him gift cards or subsriptions to Gamefly (where he can rent whatever games he wants), Netflix, or look into tabletop gaming like Warhammer 40K. At least the table top gaming will get him more socially involved. There is a magazine subscription called White Dwarf that you can purchase that tells about all the different miniture armies he can purchase, paint, and role play with as well as painting techniques about how to make his figures really eye catching.

You might also want to check around to see if you have any local games shops that run Warhammer 40K or other games. I know there is a new one in St. Joesph, MO and I am familiar with Valhalla's Gate in Columbia, MO but I don't know what is still available in KC area. I'm sure a quick internet search would produce some results for you or you could call one of the other shops...they are pretty tight with eachother (because they have a lot of tournaments and gamers travel to play eachother) so they would know of other shops. Good luck.

Try a gift subscription to an online video game rental service. It would give him a chance to try the games and decide if he likes one before he buys it.

A magazine subscription of your choice would be my suggestion. You can choose what you would like for him to develop an interest in that way. Of course you can always take the "gift card" route. Choose something you would like him to take an interest in and give him a gift card for a store that specializes in your choice.

You could try a gift card or day pass to a place that has batting cages, go carts, or somewhere with bowling, or mini golf etc... There is also paint ball or laser tag? My cousin is 16 too, but he's a huge sports guy, so a little easier to buy for. My son (and my older brother) are the video game fanitics, so I know it can be hard sometimes to think outside of their box! If you decide to stick with his love of games, you could get a gift card to a place that sells new and used games etc... Best of luck!

well that is about all a 16 yr old seems to do in their spare time. mine is also a junior, works a job, is very active in youth at church, drama, worship team etc. His spare time is spent on video games or reading. If he has XBOX Live those subscription cards would be good. If he drives, gas cards would be nice too or maybe some gift cards for car accessories.

A gift card to Dick's Sporting Good might be a good idea to consider. Good luck to you.

My husband says, "New Far Cry II" or "Call of Duty, World at War" video games for PC, x-box or playstation 3. He also recommends getting him a car :)

Take care and God Bless, Happy Holidays!!!!!

1 / 3