Looking for a Good Magazine for 13 Year Old Boy

Hey! I am doing some Christmas shopping and I want to find a magazine subscription for my 13 year old nefew. This is one of those kids who has EVERYTHING... so I am trying to think of something out of the ordinary and he loves sports. I plays golf, baseball, football and basketball. Does anyone subscribe to ESPN magazine? Would it be sutiable for young teens? What about Sports Illistrated? I am not a sports fan so I don't know much about these things! Thanks for any suggestions. :)

If he has XBOX those subscriptions are great for teens and gives them demo games with every magazine.

id go with ESPN. its a good one, but id avoid SI unless you can screen out the swim suit issue. they do have SI for kids but that might be for a younger audience

You might have to look into it but I do think Sports Illustrated has a JR edition for kids!! Good Luck and God Bless

Hey S.! Not sure if they have what you are looking for, but try Cricket magazine. They have a website and have different magazines for various age groups. I also think that Nat. Geo. has a mag for kids.

Happy shopping!!

"Focus on the Family" has great kids magazines. kids, teen girls, teen boys, adults. check out their website www.focusonthefamily.org

I would head to either "Borders" or "Barnes & Noble" and look at what is available out there. If you find something you think he would find interesting, purchase that magazine and wrap that as a gift (pull out all of the subscription cards) and wait and see his reaction before sending in the subscription card. You may even find a way to subscribe on-line too. But wait and see what he thinks first. Just tell him it may take several weeks for the subscription to kick in. This way, you could always change your mind and choose a different magazine if he actually had a different one in mind. Good Luck!

I think they have teen versions of these magazines.

S., I have been getting sports illistrated for kids, for my son since he was 10. he loves it. thats the only way I can get him to read. He is almost 13now. and still loves it. Posters come in it and so many other things. he will love it.

Does he have a game system, X Box, WII, or computer games...? There are gaming magazines. You could find them the game stores or google I suppose. They have specific magazines for a specific game. For Example...World of War Craft, Battlefield, various strategy games, etc. Some magazines are general gaming info. There are alot of Kids at this age on these game systems and could improve their gaming. Just a thought

1 / 3