Christmas Presents for a 15 Year Old Boy???

this year is hard!!! He's a typical boy...video games, video games, video games....
Any other ideas on what to get him??? I'm at a loss...He doesn't ask for much...
It's hard when he has an 8 year old sister...i can buy her 4 barbies, for the price of one video game! plus...i don't want to buy him video games! so I need ideas to help keep it even...

Hey K.!

We have 4 kids, and in order to keep Christmas manageable and fair we get the kids something from each line of this rhyme:

Something you want, something you need;
Something you wear, something you read.

We spoil the kids a little more on their birthdays, because their birthday is "all about them". Christmas is about others and giving.. so we just trying to keep it simple.

Hope this might be helpful (even though it didn't really give you any specific ideas for a 14 year old boy!!LOL)

Peace,

Shirts with a favorite team name, something he needs/wants for a sport he's involved in, something you can do together like tickets to go someplace he'd really like. It's tough! Good luck!

Hey K.!

Something you want, something you need;
Something you wear, something you read.

Peace,

My son is 16 and it can be tough to find things in a price range that is reasonable and isn't xbox or media related. Some things I have gotten my son: Magazine gift subscriptions to Car and Driver, Popular Science and of course the Xbox Magazine. If you go on Barnes and Noble web site you can click on the magazine link and see all sorts of options available. I have also bought him a tool chest and started buying him tools that he will be able to use as he gets older and has a place to store them. Once they are old enough to have a car they will appreciate having tools on hand to do minor maintenance. There are always things they can use for school, like a new calculator, flash drives, etc.. If he has a computer - what about an external hard drive for back ups, or dvd burner, etc.. Accessories for the computer. The other thing I buy him are gift cards - to the movies and places he and his friends hang out to eat. It is a challenge - but keep an ear open when he mentions his other interests and you will come up with all sorts of ideas.

here is an idea that I used on my teenager kids last year.
I bought them each $25 gift certificates from kiva.org. This is a micro lending site that l lends provides small loans to individuals around the world. IT IS NOT a charity, so after about a year, they get their money back. The kids can then choose to take it out and spend for themselves, or they can re-invest in someone else.

It is neat way to show how we as humanity are all connected, and that small numbers of people can make a difference. My family was a little "not sure' at first, but really became attached to seeing how their borrower was doing. The progress can be tracked, and its a great way to share the Christmas spirit without all the 'gimmee-gimmes.

K.,

I have a 13 year old son and hes very outdoorsy. He is hunting for the second time this year. I have gotten him a pair of mud boots, a really nice pair of gloves, and a very warm hat. I also got him some type of rain hat (he picked it out and I went back later and bought it).

One thing I do with my kids shortly before thanksgiving is take them shopping, we go to the toy dept, the hunting/camping section, and the video/electronics dept. I ask them "tell me what you like" I make a list and write lots of stuff down (mainly just to confuse them!) then when I go back I am reasonably sure its stuff they want.

Hope this is helpful.

My son is also 15 and a video/runescape/facebook kid. He tried sports when he was younger but easily became frustrated. He now really enjoys archery. Something he can do on his own. We just bought a used bow on Craigslist really inexpensively. I am trying to talk my husband into getting a trampoline for Christmas. My son enjoys it at our friends homes. Once again, getting him outside and away from the computer. You can enroll him at your local Hunting and Fishing club for archery lessons. Good luck.

What about gift cards to a local movie theater or movie rental place like Netflix or Blockbuster?

Check out the most recent issue of Wondertime magazine. There is a really interesting article in there about what one family (with two pre-teen boys- I know, not the same at all, but still very interesting) does for Christmas, and there are a lot of other ideas after the article.
GOOD LUCK.
I know when I was a teen, all I ever wanted was cash and a ride to the mall. But girls are a different species in the teen years.

1 / 3