In Need of a Wonderful Pediatric ADHD Specialist in the Fox Valley Area.

Updated on December 14, 2007
K.K. asks from Aurora, IL
6 answers

Hi there Mom's. I need some help. My son who is 7, is currently on ritalin, that his pediatrician prescribed. However his ped. suggested a specialist in order to fine tune his meds. The one specialist that is recommended is on a 3-4 month waiting list, and I don't feel I can wait that long. Does anyone have a specialist they are seeing, or know one? Any advice would be very helpful. We have also gone down the psychiastrist and social worker path, and although they were helpful I feel a pediatric ADHD specialist would be the way to go. Thanks

1 mom found this helpful

What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

More Answers



answers from Chicago on

K.....My 12 year old son has ADHD also. He has always gone to a child/adolescent psychiatrist. I am also looking for a specialist in the Fox Valley area. If you find one, PLEASE pass the information on to me. Thank you! You can send me an email at [email protected]




answers from Chicago on

I just got a referral from a friend, Dr. Olson in Arlington Heights is working with a family that I know very well. Its really hard to find someone, I have had not the best or easiest time finding someone so this referral I felt strong enough to forward on.

Dr. Olson
The Arlington Center for Attention Deficit Disorders
3375F North Arlington Heights Road
Arlington Heights, Il 60004
###-###-#### ext 15

or you can look on I also thing there is a support group in dupage county. Theres a magazine called ADDitude and I think they also have a website.

Good Luck!



answers from Chicago on

We went to a neurologist named Dr. Barbara Trommer. Unfortunately, she is all the way at Evanston NW Hospital. You might also want to try Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield. They are an outpost for Children's Hospital.



answers from Chicago on


My pediatrician specializes in attention disorders. His info is:

Dr Paul Granoff
2060 Ogden Ave Suite C
Aurora, IL 60504



answers from Chicago on

Give your son Flax Seed Oil (Barleen)and DHA vitamins ( also found in Cod Liver Oil). Both are natural wonders for this condition while you are waiting on a specialist. Check out Fruitful Yield in Fox Valley near Kohls and also look into ROEX natural vitamins on-line (this company is excellent). Also another company called RELIV has proven to help this condition. Although RX drugs are necessay sometimes they also cause other problems. Please research all your options. I hope this helps.



answers from Chicago on

Dr. Cook is a wonderful doctor. He reached my son and got him to open up to him. He has a wonderful look on medications. You will love him! And the rest of the doctors are wonderful too, but he specializes in ADHD!!! GOOD LUCK!!

Jason Cook, M.D. completed his residency at the Cleveland Clinic in 2003. He completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in Molecular Biology and earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He has been in practice for several years and is very involved in with the underserved population. He is board certified and has a special interest in ADHD and behavioral issues in children.

Pediatric Health Associates
24600 W. 127th St. Unit 2
Building B Suite 135
Plainfield, IL 60585
Phone ###-###-####
Fax ###-###-####
[email protected]

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions

Related Searches