Teething at 6 Weeks?

my baby just started drooling a ton yesterday and now has fever and is very fussy, we r going to the doc this afternoon just seeing if anyone has any thoughts on if its teething or not.

I asked my doctor about it, too, when my daughter was drooling constantly by about 2 months. He said that they start "teething" long before teeth are really ready to come in. My daughter drooled enough to wet through 2 waterproof bibs from about 2 months to about 6 months. Annoying, but dealable!

Hi there! I would hate to think that she is actually cutting any teeth at such a young age, but it is definitely possible. Now as for if she is teething or not, that is different, they start "teething" alot sooner than they actually cut teeth. They start drooling excessively around this age and it just continues for a long time unfortunately! I am sorry she is uncomfortable, what did the doctor find?

Helping MOMS work from home!
http://www.stayinghomeandhavingfun.com

My friend's baby got molars at 6 weeks but then they went away and the rest came in on schedule! Good luck!

My stepdaughter cut her first tooth at 3 months and my daughter cut her first tooth at 4 months, however they teeth for awhile before they actually cut a tooth. It isn't too early for her to start teething. They usually start drooling at around 6-8 weeks and drool forever it seems. You can try and feel her gums to see if they feel a little swollen. It will also help make them feel better if she is teething to rub her gums. You can get a teething ring for her to chew on. I always put mine in the fridge instead of freezer so it wasn't too cold. Good luck. Hopefully it is nothing serious and is just teething.

It does seem a bit early for teething. My daughter drooled a ton!!! She would wake up with a wet spot by her head every morning starting at about this time. It lasted for a long time. I hope you figure out what is going on.

I doubt that teeth are popping out right now - you will be able to see the white under the gum when they are about to sprout. I think a lot of kids start drooling about this age. I definitely remember mine drooling around 3 months or so...and they didn't sprout teeth until 7 months old.

Give your nurse a call. If you've been to the doc lately, could be a reaction to vaccinations, or, with the fever, the little one could have just picked something up.

Be careful with vaccines! read Dr. Sears book! It will help you !!!

Sounds like teething to me. My kids always ran a fever and had runny noses while they were teething. How old is your baby?

1 / 3