Signs of Teething

Hi everyone, wanted 2 know wht r the signs of teethin? My daughter is 3months & she's suckin on her fingers & startin 2 drool a lot! Is it 2 early 4 her 2 b teethin?

She's definitely teething. Babies can get their first teeth as early as 3 months. Mine got hers at 4 months.

My son was the same way at the same age. He didn't get his first tooth until 9 mos. The drooling is caused by her hands being in her mouth. And her hands in her mouth is totally normal. This is the age when she will start putting everything she can in there. Until you see teeth under the gum line I wouldn't worry about it.

Fingers in mouth and constant drool stream were definitely my daughters signs of teething. I think she got her first tooth either at 4 or 5 months, the next two were each a month a part, and then she got 5 in a week and a 1/2 while we were on vacation. She was content the whole time, but there is not a picture of her from that vacation where she is not either drooling or chewing on something or both. None of her teeth bothered her until the molars.

Even though your baby is starting the teething process, it may still take awhile for her teeth to come in.

Hi R., my son has been drooling and sucking on his fists, etc. since he was about your daugther's age and he is still doing that, no signs of teeth though. Your daughter might get her teeth tomorrow or in a few months, you'll just have to check :)
Congrats!

R.,

She may be teething, but my daughter did the same thing at her age and her first tooth did not appear until she was about 9 months. If a tooth does pop out soon, dont be alarmed. Its not too early. Also do freak out if she gets a mild fever or acts irritable. Thsts part of teething as well. Just give her some Tylonol infant drops and she will be fine. good Luck!

Hi R.,
Congratulations to you and your new bundle of joy. No it's not too soon for Anaiah to be teething. In fact she is demonstrating all the signs. Enjoy!

R.,
My daughter started teething at about 3 months old and got her first tooth between 4 and 5 months. It's not too early because they can teeth for a couple of months before you even see a tooth come through. Just give her things to bite on and maybe keep a bib on her to avoid soaking her clothes with the drool.

Welcome to the signs of teething! You have them! However, some babys start the signs weeks or months before any teeth really break through! Baby oragel works or even a cold wet washcloth to help relieve discomfort. On the Baby Oragel can't remmeber how old they must be so please read directions or ask your pediatrician but the washcloth is fun and works. A.

My baby started by 4 months and 5 months 2 teeth appeared. We went to his 5 month checkup and the doctor said teething could go on for some time and since my baby was early and little he probably would get teeth later than the norm. Well tomorrow is his 6 month check up and boy will the doctor be surprised. My son drooled alot and constantly had his hand in his mouth. When the teeth started coming through, he was not sleeping. He was very cranky.

The 'expert' opinions vary greatly on the subject of teething - but drool and sucking on hands are a part of it. Some say that every 3-6 month old constantly has their hands in their mouth so this means nothing, but others say that can be the start. My son started sucking on his hands at 2 months and the drool came on full force by 3 months, but his first tooth didn't arrive until a couple of weeks ago at 6 1/2 months old. So, it might be sooner or it might be later for your little girl! Some kids handle it really well while others are not so good with the pain. My baby was a nightmare the night before his tooth broke through, but things have gotten better since. So, good luck & have fun!

1 / 3