Super Glue on Granite Countertop

I had a superglue explosion on my granite countertop. I'm stummed for how to get it off without risking damaging the polished finish. Any ideas?

The ice with the scraper worked! I just happened to have one of those Pampered Chef scrapers that I've never used, but bought because I knew I had need for one:} So it finally came in handy! Now, if I can just remember that I have it next time I'm scraping a pan. I used the ice and scraper on the epoxy that has been on the counter since we moved in, too. That took a little more work, but I got it out. Thank you!

This is what I would do:

1. Call the granite installer and ask what they recommend.

OR:
2. Use acetone to try and rub it off, then use a dremel tool with the chamois buffer and granite polish to buff back the finish.

I think #1 is the best advice. Those guys have seen it all and they know what works.

Yep! We have done superglue on the kitchen counter before too! Ours not granite, but still a mess. Freeze the area with ice cubes, then scape it off.
I have one of those Pampered Chef scrapers that came with stoneware....and it didn't work with room temp, dried superglue but it sure scraped off the frozen glue.

Try freezing the area with some ice. It will slide off after it gets real cold.

Once it is good and dry try breaking it off. Even a piece of ice will help to stiffen it up. Call the manufacture to do the safest method.

A single edge razor blade will get it off. That is what the recommended to clean the granite of hard pieces when we had ours installed.

Call your installer. Maybe he can buff it out or recommend how to get it out.

When my granite was installed I watched them use a single edge blade over the seams to get the glue off. I would try that. Good luck!

Can you use a paint/spackle scraper? I'm thinking that it might not be sharp enough to scratch the finish but enough to impact the glue.

Have you tried nail polish remover? Or maybe magic eraser?

you can use superfine sand paper and acetone nail polish remover!! we have had the same problem!

Try using a razor blade to scrape it off. I know it sounds harsh, but as long as you hold it at a good sharp angle (less than 45 degree)flat against the surface, it should scrape it right off without scratching your granite. I've used one on mine a few times...once it was to remove dried super glue & it worked. Good luck!

cc

Go to your local Home Depot or Lowes and get Super Glue Remover, if i recall right I believe paint stores carry it as well. It works great! Hope that helps and good luck =)

Nail polish remover with acetone.

I just removed regular glue on my ceramic tile with "goof off," which is sold at Lowes.
Other than that, I would try fingernail polish remover, although I am not sure about it's effect on the granite.

The only thing I can think of is get your hair dryer and put it on the hottest setting, it might take a while. H. it works, or go to home depot and see what they might recommend.

H.

This is what I would do:

OR: