Getting Nail Polish Out of tub...PLEASE HELP

I need your help mommys!! My 16 month old "princess" threw...or more like whipped a bottle of nail polish in the tub and it cracked! So now I have magenta nail polish all over my tub and have NO CLUE how to get it out. We live in a town house and rent so it's kind of necessary we get it out. :-( Does anyone out there have any ideas on what I should try??? I'm pretty much in panic mode-lol. Thanks for all of your help!!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply and help me out! I did try just about everything before I took the nail polish remover to the tub because i was sooo scared it was going to ruin the tub. Nothing was taking it out at all...but when i did use the nail polish remover it worked like MAGIC!! It ALL came out. Thanks again for all your help...i absolutely love this site!

If you use nail polish remover, use the non-acetone kind. A bottle of dark green nail polish wasn't closed all the way and leaked all over and dried on the center console of my car. I used the non-acetone remover and wiped gently. It took a while to get it off, but it was worth the extra time not to damage my console! After I was done, you couldn't tell the polish had ever been there, and my console was fine. So if the non-acetone remover worked on the soft plastic of my car console, it should work on the tub! However, depending on the material of the tub (fiberglass/porcelain), the area where the polish was may be stained. For that, I would be at as a much a loss as you!

Test it in a corner where it won't be noticed first to make sure it won't discolor the tub surface, but try nail polish remover.

Have you tried nail polish remover with acetone?? I think that should work well. Good luck!

Acetone dissolves nail polish...be careful though. I'd try a remover with acetone before I used straight acetone. You can get it at any beauty supply store.

Try Pure Actone or acetone, be careful, that will get the polish off but it may take the panit off as well. Good Luck.

nail polish remover should get it out. It gets it off my linoleum floors without harming them.

Did you try dabbing it out with nail polish remover. I know you have to be careful because it can be harsh. But maybe you could try just it on one spot.
Otherwise I agree with Eileen. Try the magic eraser. There is even a magic eraser now just for the bath and kitchen. It has clean built right in.

How about the Magic Eraser? It's absolutely magical, it may be worth the try! I use it to remove virtually any stains. With kids, this is a MUST! I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it works on nail polish too! Good luck!!!

Maybe try acetone or nail polish remover? Try on a small section first to make sure it doesn't remove the finish on the tub.

1 / 3