Seeking Good Ear/Nose/Throat Doc

My 12 month old is on his fifth ear infection in as many months. His pediatrician has recommended taking him to an ENT specialist for possible tubes. The pediatrician gave us a list from which to choose, but there are 7 different specialists listed. I'm not sure who to choose. Have any of you moms out there used an ENT you would recommend? Thank you - your recommendations are appreciated!

All of the ENTs at St. Louis Children's Hospital are fantastic. We see Dr. Hullar, but they are all excellent, and their offices are very kid-friendly. Best of luck!

Hi E.!

Another vote for Randall Clary Or Richard Schrick. We have used extensive experience with ENT's (tubes 3x and tonsilectomy)

My daughter just had her tonsils and adnoid removed by Dr. Clary...he was very nice, took time to speak and explain everything to us...his staff was good too.

We changed insurance and before Dr Clary We used Dr Schrick in South County He was very nice and supportive...just like others have mentioned very gentle too.

Dr James Forsen at St John's is wonderful. My 7 yr old daughter was just discovered to have a cholesteatoma (cyst behind the eardrum), and Dr Forsen was recommended by our pediatrician. I went in to Dr Forsen's office for our first appt, and that same day we had the required hearing test completed. He was very upfront about the situation and spoke to me in terms that a regular person can understand. After that my daughter had to have a CT scan , and Dr Forsen was quick to get back to us on the findings from that. We then had to schedule the surgery which I was dreading. This was the first time my daughter had to go through anything like this and I was a nervous wreck! Dr Forsen and his staff are very caring and knowledgable. I trust him and believe that he takes the best care of his patients possible. The surgery went well, and Dr Forsen was in the hospital the next morning visiting my daughter. We will continue to see Dr Forsen regularly for follow ups to make sure the cyst does not grow back. I highly recommend.

I have taken my 16 month old daughter to see Dr. James Forsen ###-###-####) he has an office in the St John's Doctors Building. I would highly recommend him. The practice is called Pediatric Otolaryngology, Inc. Good luck.

We liked Dr. Moltar. We used him for son a couple years ago and my sister just used him for her son's tubes. He is out of MO Baptist and Childrens.

Hi E.. My daughter (10 mons) recently got ear tubes after 5 infections in under 6 months. We went to Childrens and the tubes were inserted by Dr. Anita Jeyakumar. The office is very friendly and efficient, and Dr. Jeyakumar (pronounced Jay-kum-ar, or they call her "Dr. J") has been wonderful. She is very gentle and caring and she is a good listener, even though she obviously has a busy practice.

For us, the tubes haven't stopped the ear infections, but our girl was much less uncomfortable with the tubes in place and never got a crazy-high fever like she was with previous infections.

Best of luck to you!

We have used Dr. Richard Schrick of Midwest Head and Neck Surgery. Between my four children he has put in multiple ear tubes. He is great with children and all of mine have been very comfortable with him. He is very soft spoken and gentle with the little ones. My husband and I go to him also. He has an office at Gravois and I-270 and at St. John's Medical Center. He is great.

My daughter has severe ear issues including MRSA (staph) in her ear. We go to Dr. Randall Clary out at St.Johns. He is wonderful and my daughter loves him. Good Luck!

1 / 3