Is It Ok to Have a Baby Shower for Your Third?

Is it okay to have a baby shower for your third baby. Because my first two were so close together we had a small shower and never really got much besides a few clothes. Unfortunately, our swing and bouncy seat broke with the second one, we also are going to need another crib and various items to go with the crib since these two will be 17mths apart. We need a triple stroller and clothes if it is a boy. With two young children in daycare we really could use a shower to get these necessities if people come but I don't want to look like I am greedy or something by having another shower. This will be our 3rd child in 3 years. Any advice. Also, does anyone that has 3 children so close together use a triple stroller, if not how else do you get them around places?

You've gotten a lot of advice about the shower, but I also wanted to share with you a website that I've recently found. It's kizoodle.com. The point of it is that you trade baby items online, and no money is involved. You put items up to be used by someone else and you earn points with it (you do pay for the shipping, but earn points for that as well), and with the points you earn you can go shopping. Like I said I only recently found it, so I haven't actually used it yet, but I do have an account and it's a great concept. Hopefully it will be helpful to you, too.

J. C

I wouldn't ask for a shower but if someone offers, and there is plenty of things you need than I think it is ok.

I think baby showers should be like birthdays... everybody gets one. Each child is special and just because you had 2 children previously does not make this child any less special. What do you do with the baby book that is already written in, you can't write over it... The little girls look silly in blue sleepers that her older brother used and spit up in....Let them get a few frilly pink dresses!

I vote YES to another shower... but I would make sure it was my friends that did it for me ... not me... that becomes tacky.

Hi there! I think it's fine...but I just wanted to let you know something. Someone else mentioned it in these responses but they got the website wrong... you should check out www.freecycle.org. There is a freecycle in pretty much every city. All you have to do is register, and you can set it up to have e-mails sent to you. What people do is offer things through online posts, everything from dishes to cribs to tvs...it's awesome...and if you need something you can post a request and if anyone has it they will contact you. It's all local so there's no shipping involved, you just meet up with the person and they give you what they have. One thing though, it's rude to post a bunch of requests and never offer anything yourself. I hope I explained that well. My best friend even furnished her whole house through freecycle! Good luck.

Per the etiquette books it is inappropriate to have more than one shower unless there is more than a five year gap in-between. That does not mean that lots of people do not have them anyways. But they are generally very small and just close friends and family. With those who know you. It is also generally given by a friend or family member or can become tacky looking. You also need to refelct to see how you would feel about going to someone else's baby shower if it was thier third one and how you would feel and the situation was the other way around and you were the one invited to the shower and was needing to buy the gift. I wish you all the luck. I personally dont care what others think and if your family wants to have a shower for you than enjoy it. I know I would!

Any reason for friends to get together and celebrate something happy (like a new baby) is a good thing and it will become a happy memory! By all means have a nice shower and try to stay in touch with your friends as the years go by.

Every child is a celebration and you will always need things. You can never have enough diapers and wipes and I bet those burp cloths from the first baby could use replacing by now.

PS. We had 3 babies in 3 years and DID NOT use a triple stroller. The double was heavy enough to handle and with 3 little ones, I never went anywhere alone anyway. Whoever went with me would carry the 3rd child. Or I would carry one and they would maneuver the stroller.

Best of luck to you. It will be a lot of work for a while but soon it will be WAY more fun than it is work. Ours are now 5, 4 and 3 and we are laughing all the time.

yes it is ok.

It does not matter if it is the 1st baby or the 3rd baby or the 10th. A baby is a baby and they are a gift from GOD and it is a blessing to the whole family when they are given a baby shower and it is also a celebration of the baby to come and it shows LOVE.
Go ahead and have one and enjoy the day.
God Bless Your New Baby.

From one mom to another.
I have 3 kids.

We just had a third baby shower for my best friend. Her first is now 13 yrs old, and the 2nd is almost 5. Of course I gave her one for her 2nd because they were so far apart she didn't keep his baby stuff that long. Then she thought she was done, and gave everything away. This third pregnancy came as a surprise, and its twins! So naturally we gave her a third shower. I think it is appropriate for certain circumstances, but it obviously has to be thrown for you. It is definitely inappropriate to give yourself a shower, but you aren't being greedy if someone else is doing it! Of course you could always buy second-hand from yard sales, consignment shops, ebay, and I like that concept that one of the moms who responded was talking about trading baby stuff online. Goes to show, you can really find some good deals if you search hard enough! Good luck!

1 / 3