Fix Diamond Ring-lost a Small Diamond

Does anyone have a suggestion where to get a small (1mm in diameter) round diamond replaced in a ring?
The ring was purchased 4-5 years ago at Bailey Banks & Biddle, which are now out-of-business.
The diamonds are flush mounted, into the platinum setting.
Thanks for any ideas. I am willing to drive to Dallas or surrounding area.

Wow, you really came through for me, thank-you all very much.
A chain jewelry store that did not have the equipment to repair an invisible setting referred me to Eaton Custom Jewelers in northwest Plano, Eaton used to repair for Bailey Banks and Biddle. They replaced and polished my ring back to new condition in 45 minutes at a sane price; they also polished my watch and an antique pendant with several different semi-precious stones. Thank-you again for the contacts, I will keep them.

Gold'n'Karats in Irving, on Macarthur just south of Hwy 114 is a great independently owned jeweler. They are the only place I trust to work on my ring and they have custom made jewelry for me before. If anyone could do it, it would be them! Plus I trust them so I don't worry about someone secretly switching my diamond for a cheaper one when cleaning it.

I live in McKinney and went to a place called The Diamond Shoppe on Eldorado and Ridge right next to Market Street.

http://www.mydiamondshoppe.com/

I bought a diamond ring at Neimans that was John Hardy. To get them repaired, you have to ship them to Bali and it takes months to get them back.. not to mention you don't know the fee until after they fix it. This ring was a pave ring, so the diamond was really really small... but it cost $60 and came back looking brand new! I am not sure how much it would cost to replace your diamond, but they are a very nice family business and it would be worth checking out.

Zales Jewelery owned Bailey Banks & Biddle. If you have the diamond bond they should honor it.

Simply Designs at LBJ & Montfort. Sorry- you'll have to look up the number-- he is in an office tower. I am in the high end jewelry business & the owner is my personal jeweler. He is very honest & reasonable. He also does jewelry repairs for most of the luxury stores in the area that don't havea an in-house jeweler. He has replaced diamonds for me in my grandmothers wedding rings twice. If I trust him with my grandmothers rings you KNOW you can trust him! The rings are so precious to me-- he is the only one I let touch them!

My Diamond Shoppe in McKinney on Eldorado.
I just noticed someone else said this too!! It's a great business run by an older, married couple. I had a knot in my diamond necklace that couldn't be undone. They cut it, untangled it and soldered the chain back together. It's completely flawless!! I've bought many gifts there too. I don't know nicer people.

There's also the Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange just off Walnut Hill and I35 in Dallas. They have plenty of loose stones to choose from and can usually set it while you wait.

I highly recommend The Jewelry Forrest. It is a small jeweler in Dallas and they are very reasonable and really good. They have handled all of my jewelry needs for quite a few years and I have always been impressed. Their number is ###-###-####. They are open Tues-Fri 10-5:30 and Sat 10-4. Their address is Pecan Creek Office Park, 8330 Meadow Rd #104, Dallas 75231. They are in an office building. I particularly like them because they have worked together for MANY years and it seems like a family atmosphere. Good luck!

1 / 3