Average Babysitting Costs

Hello moms,
I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the cost of childcare? I'm specifically speaking about in-home daycare. I have heard that the average is around $50 per day. I recently went back to work part time and I hired a friend to watch my 2 1/2 year old daughter 2 days a week. I also work on Saturdays but daddy is home to watch her then. I think $100 a week is pretty high and truly I cannot afford that. My daughter is not potty trained yet. What are ya'll paying for childcare? I have priced all the day-care centers around in my area and I can put her in for 3 days a week for about $120 per week. Does anyone have any advice or know of anywhere that is reliable and cheaper?

I live in Land O Lakes, in Oakstead off of Rt 54, inbetween the Suncoast and 41. I work in Land O Lakes at a nail salon on 41 by the LOL Post office. I can afford around $50-$60 per week and need childcare on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30am til 5pm.

Before I stopped working I had my 2 boys in an in-home daycare and she only charged me $50.00 a day and that was for 2 kids, before I had my second son she only charged me $25.00 a day. So I think that is a little high. I loved the daycare too, she took very good care of them and fed them breakfast and lunch.

that price is ridiculous, I paid $90 and she watched my daughter mon-fri from 7-4pm where exactly are u located?

$50 a day is about the going rate.

i used to do in home childcare for a newborn and i charge 120.00 a week and that was for 40-45 hrs a week

D.,

While my daughter was an infant & toddler, I watched two children in my home on a part-time (3 days per week) basis. I charged $30/day and fed breakfast, lunch, (and sometimes dinner)! I only went back to work 2 months ago, so this was recent.

My daughter now attends Creative Times Academy which is a fabulous daycare / preschool and I only pay $140/week. That is $28/day. And they offer a 2 day per week program.

I have my daughter in full time and she is potty trained and they charge me 105 per week I know they have part time rates also...I will tell you when I first moved here I was paying 160 a week, untill I found the one she is in now....if you find one cheaper let me know I am in the usf area

Hi D.. I have two children and I am a stay-at-home mom. I currently babysit my friend's son who is 7-months-old. I would be interested in babysitting your daughter if you are located in my vicinity. I live off of SR 52 and Moon Lake Road. It is a brand new subdivision named Pine Ridge. If you are interested, let me know the times you are looking for care for your daughter and I will give you a reasonable rate. Look forward to speaking with you soon. Sincerely, G. J.

1 / 3