Spider Vein on Son's Face

Updated on August 18, 2009
H.M. asks from Albany, GA
5 answers

My son was at daycare one day and got scratched on his face under his eye about a year and half ago and know he has a red dot with little red lines coming out it where he was scratched. His ped said that it can only go away with lazer surgery but of course insurance don't cover that. She said it was nothing to worry about but it keeps getting bigger as he gets older. i was wondering if any other moms ever had this on their children and knew of any home remedies or creams that really work to get rid of it that is safe on children. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!

1 mom found this helpful

What can I do next?

  • Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

More Answers



answers from Savannah on

My daughter has had laser surgery for a port wine stain on her face, which is covered by insurance. The issue is getting a doctor to say that it is medically necessary. If the mark is continually getting bigger you may be able to find a doctor that does believe it is needed. Maybe a dermatologist? Good luck.



answers from Atlanta on

I have a great homeopath to recommend, it can be used acutely or for real health decisions. Let me know if interested. J.



answers from Atlanta on

Vitamin K lotion is supposed to help with spider veins. Ask your pediatrician if it is safe to use A) Near the eye
B) on a child.



answers from Columbia on

Have you asked your Ped if there is a cream you can use for it. I know for women they have lotions and creams that you can use to reduce the look of spider veins that have worked very well for me. (I got hit with a softball that caused a softball size area of spiderveins to form). I don't know if these are able to be used on a child, but I think you should ask your Ped if they can. I am sorry I could not be more help to you but I hope that something like this can work for now.



answers from Spartanburg on

Talk to a Dermatologist regarding your son's problem. There is some sort of in-office procedure involving "dry ice" that may work for him


Next question: Varicose Veins - Pregnancy