Slumber Party Ideas for 11 Year Old

Hi Moms,

Well, I've seen tons of questions and responses about birthday parties, but none about slumber parties. I promised my soon to be 11 year old a slumber party, which we have never done before, and I'm looking for things we can do at home to entertain the girls. I don't want to spend a lot of money, instead just good old fashioned fun around the house. We do have a karaoke machine which should provide a lot of fun. Any ideas on how we can make a good game out of it? I also thought about a spa party. Maybe have each girl bring a bottle of fingernail polish and do manicures and pedicures. Any ideas on some facial cream I can buy for them to put on their faces? Also, What are some good food choices for dinner and breakfast that they would enjoy? I think pizza is probably over done these days! I'm also clueless on what time I should start it on a Friday night and have the parents pickup the next day. Any advice you could give would be great. My daughter has waited for this for several years now and I want it to be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Hi -
My daughter almost 15 but we have done slumber parties since age 10. We do the toes and nails and get some stickers and paint pens too...they like to decorate toes. As for face creams - too many with sensitive skin...I got foot masks and lotions...and cucumber eye masks...also - we made t shirts - easy to do with paints - or also pillow cases - let them dry overnight - great gift to take home. I have two smaller boys at home - so we always get a hotel - ajoining rooms or suite - I stay in one side - 8 girls in other side. (also indoor pool a bonus for getting them TIRED!) Get some girlie movies and tons of snacks...(we even went to a movie in PJs one year!)
We have also wrapped a few houses...close by..I ask permission from a few friends parents ahead of time...they LOVE that - made them black t shirts.."TP CREW" - and we leave a sign - We love you - from the TP crew! That way they know it was in fun...Anyway - have a blast..have some coffee....and get ready to nap the next day - I always say 1st to sleep gets a prize...once one goes - a few follow...Friday nights better too...learned from experience - they are more tired from school!! Have FUN!

How aobut a taco bar for dinner...and a waffle bar for breakfast--my daughter went to a party las tmonth were the mom made a bunch of waffles then had blueberries, strawberries, choc chips etc to decorate or enhance their waffles.

Also, if yo do a spa party, walmart has hannah montanna foot scrub a tube is $5.00 and would probably be enough for 10-12 girls...good luck

Hi -

My daughter will be 11 in August and we have actually already had a couple of slumber parties. I would definately do the spa/nails thing if you have room in the kitchen to have the polish on a floor other than carpet in case of spills! If you have the party start after 7pm they would only need snacks for the night....make popcorn, have fruit, maybe some Rotel and chips or make your own nachos and juice boxes. For breakfast I usually go to the local donut store and get at least a dozen donuts and have a gallon of milk and some orange juice too!! Pick up on a Saturday should be around 11 maybe noon. Hope this helps at least a little!!

as youth pastors we played a game with our jr high youth that went over really well. we split in to teams (varing depending on numbers) and had a scavenger hunt at walmart (you could modify it to do at home if like) Each team got 3 dollars and a list of departments. they had to fin the cheapest thing in each department they could. a paint stir stick was only like 15 cents. Give them a time limit of 15-20 minutes. at the end of the time frame they have to meet back and turn in items, leftover money, and a receipt. The person with the most depts. represented without going over 3 dollars win. to make it hard they only can buy 1 item from each listed department. It sound crazy- but the kids ages 11-12 love it.

Try going to the dollar tree.there are a lot of neat things there for just a dollar.If you are from lubbock.Also the united on 4th and slide has an imozi movie rental place in it.I am not sure if you are familar with this but it is kind of like a vending machine for movies.They are all new movies and you can rent them for just 1 dollar a day.That would be a great money saver for you on movies.Im sure they have other locations in lubbock just look at imozi.com.Good luck

When I was younger, one really fun thing that my friend did at all of her b-day parties was to have an 'auction' - get inexpensive items at the dollar store (or Sam Moon like the other response), give each girl 20 or so pennies, and have them 'bid' on the items they want.

The girls might enjoy some type of craft that they can make and all keep. It might involve some creativity like making some jewelry out of beads or even using buttons, etc. to embellish a hat or cap. Knit caps at the dollar store are very cheap ($1.00) and using the buttons to add pizzazz will be fun. I'd suggest that they sew the buttons on. Of course movies are great fun also. Nachos or anything where the ingredients can be spread out and kids can add what they want is cool too. All of my young ones like chicken nuggets. We put them on skewers so they can dip them.

I don't have any girls but all my friends do and I have several nieces and they love for me to come to their slumber parties! Spa parties are good but I've found that they love is where you get some old blush, eye shadow, eyebrow pencil and lipstick. Blindfold one girl and have her put makeup, using only her fingertips, on another girl. The girls love this!! Take pics and give the girls they picture so they can show their parents what fun they had at your daughter's slumber party. As for food, they will eat just about anything, and pizza is still high on their list. They love fruit, chips, dips, sandwiches and don't forget dessert! Hope it's a success!

We had a super-fabulous slumber party last year for my 10-year old. All of her friends are still talking about it, and asking for a "spa party" for this year! I sent out hand-made invitations to five girls, so we had 6 total. The invitation was to be used as admission to the party. It was "formal", so when the guests arrived, my daughter and I were "dressed to the nines" as we greeted each guest. I held a clipboard with a "guest list" on it, and checked each one's invitation to make sure they were on "the List". They thought it was hilarious! I recruited a few of my adult friends to help me with the "stations" I had set up for the girls. Each girl was assigned an "assistant", who took them to Hair, Make-up, Wardrobe, and Nails. The assistants also wrote their girls' runway announcement about what they were wearing/modeling. When everyone was ready, I put out a long piece of "red carpet" (an old rug my mom gave me from Walmart), and set up the karoake machine. I was emcee, so I read all the cards that the assistants wrote up about each girl as the girls walked down the red carpet, modeling their outfits. It was a blast!! We adults really acted the parts, too. We were there for the girls, to do whatever they wanted (to an extent!) Next, we had wardrobe changes, then talent show. The invitation instructed them to practice a talent to present and bring a copy of their music. Someone twirled baton, others sang, another danced, etc. We did not have awards or prizes for this; we all just applauded loud enough to bring the house down for each girl! Then, everyone changed into play clothes, as requested on the invitation, also. Next was snack time. I had cut up a tray of veggies and a tray of fruits, enough for girls and adults. I bought those small clear cups and served apple juice with the snacks. After snacks, we played an old-fashioned game of "Spoons" (the card game), with plastic spoons. You would
have thought I'd taught them how to mine for gold!! They had a ball playing this old-time game. They didn't even know it was old! This went on for about a half-hour, and the winner got a small prize. (We played several rounds.) Then, we ate dinner. I bought those same clear plastic plates and clear plastic forks so they looked very fancy. We had spaghetti, garlic toast (from the freezer section of the grocery store), and a green salad with an assortment of drinks. After dinner, I had a craft set up for them to do. During the modeling show, I had gotten someone to take pictures of each girl individually, and one with my daughter, the birthday girl,then I printed one of each out on my computer. I set up a table with scrapbook pages and stickers and stuff so each girl could make her own scrapbook page. After the craft, we had traditional cake and ice cream and opened presents. One of our assistants set up the living room with sleeping bags, pillows, etc. and got a movie ready for after the presents were opened. While watching the movie, the girls took turns taking a shower, then we braided everyone's hair, and they put on their pajamas. The rest of the evening, from about 10 until about midnight, they had time to do whatever. At midnight, we all went to bed. Next morning, moms arrived at 10 to pick up their little "Divas"! It was so much fun, and hardly cost a thing. Can't wait until March for our Spa Party!

1 / 3