Seeking Bday Ideas for 10Yr Old Girl

Seeking bday ideas for 10yr old girl

Thanks everyone f or the wonderful suggestions, I have seversl great ideas to consider.
It looks like I am leaning toward the tea/dress up party for the girls. Thanks so much!

Is Hannah Montana still in? If so, maybe a H.M. themed party?

Girls that age usually like to dress-up and wear "makeup," so maybe a "Houston's Next Top Model" themed party. You could decorate the party venue (i.e. your den) like a salon and give the girls "makeovers." Spend about $25 on nail polishes, hair pretties, lip glosses, blush, eyeshadow, sponges, makeup brushes, etc., and treat them to a day of beauty. You could make a runway (a hallway in your home) and have each girl walk down it while you take photos. If you have a photo printer, you could print the photos on the spot and then let the girls make cutesy frames (or maybe they should do the craft before the makeovers).

If money's no object, you could surprise the girls by having them picked up in a limo and taken somewhere fun.

**My mom/stepfather own some beautiful limos, by the way. Email me if you (or anyone reading this) is interested =).

First of all we were in the service and money was not there for a big party. But to this day my daughter who is now 30 still remember's it. We invited her best friends and I cooked her favorite dinner. My husband put on a tux and had a white towel over his wrist. We had a bell on the table. I was the cook he was the waiter. For desert I had a three tier cake with a princess on it, That I made. They had fun with daddy waiting on them and loved the cake. Have fun.

Hi K. - I have done two really fun parties for my daughter (she is much older now). One was a picture scavenger hunt. You can do it where they can walk to different places. I actually had a few drivers and they each took a group of girls and drove all over. We had a list of pictures to be taken ie: A picture with a baby, a picture with a police officer, At a pizza place, near a cross (just different picture opportunities). Then they had to drive around and the driver took their picture. Each one had a disposable camera. They had to be back at a certain time or whenever they had taken all the pictures on the list. While they were eating cake and ice cream and opening presents one of us went to the hour developing place and had their pictures developed. Now you could probably borrow enough digital cameras to just do it that way and print them either at home or walgreens. The winner was the group that was able to get all the pictures or the most pictures in the least amount of time. They came up with some hilarious pictures!

Another party, we did a make over where we did all their hair and make up and then took glamor shots of each of them. We printed the pictures on the computer and had inexpensive frames so they were each able to take a picture of themselves all made up home. We also played pass the purse where we had a cute vintage purse with small prizes in them and turned on music and they passed the purse around the circle, when the music went off who ever was holding it got to choose a prize out of the purse. Another fun game was to put dress up clothes in a suitcase and they had a relay where they had to quickly put on all the clothes and race to the other side, take them off and put them back in the other suitcase and the next girl had to put them on and race back etc... We also used the dress up clothes for their glamour shots!

Have fun!

You didn't really say what her interests are, so I'm taking a stab in the dark. I have two ideas, both are from recent parties, both were younger, but I'm sure that you can adapt them.

One: A nature party. (This was in the spring.) We DID have a bouncy house, but that got old after a while (except for the grown-ups!). I went around our yard and labeled all of the interesting plants - jasmine, mountain laurel, English ivy, etc - with notecards and put one or two facts about the plant on the notecard. Then I typed up a scavenger hunt for the girls. They LOVED it! I had them find one plant that was a flowering plant, one plant that was in two different places in the yard, I had them sketch a leaf, etc. I also had them count how many butterflies flew through the yard as they were on their hunt. It was SO cute to see them running all over the place and squealing when a butterfly flew by. The pencils they used were part of their party favors and the girl(s) who got the most answers in the shortest amount of time won a little something.

Two: Make-over party. My daughter just went to one. The girls were to bring their favorite outfit, get "made over" and have a fashion show. You can call Libby Lu and see if you can hire one of their "stylists" to come and make over each girl, or you can just ask some of the moms for help. My daughter came home with sweet, pink nails and a cute braided 'do. All of the outfits were appropriate (they came from the girls themselves) and the make-up and hair were also age appropriate - just a dusting of blush, some lip gloss and glitter. My daughter had a blast (she's 8) and is wanting to do something similar for her 9th!

Hope these ideas helped! They are pretty easy to do and can be relatively inexpensive.

Have a great birthday!!!

Hi K., we did a digital picture scavenger hunt at the mall. The girls had a list of pictures to take like a picture in front of your favorite store, someone eating an icecream, someone with a stuffed animal, a boy that looks most like Joe Jonas, a girl that looks most like Miley Cyrus...that kind of thing. The girls had a blast.

Invite her friends to a party or sleepover. Moon bounces are fun at that age. Goody bags or door prizes are good. Ask her where she wants to go or what she wants to do. Cake & snacks are cool. DJs are good for big parties. Parks are good locations.

We just had a chocolate pary for my daughter's 11th bday. I did the invites on Chocolate bars (www.customcandybarwrapper.com is reasonably priced for a very cute idea! We bought the wrappers and wrapped the bars ourselves, it was easy) We had chocolate fondue and a chocolate fountain and dipped all kids of yummy things. (I put her candles in the brownies) We decorated boxes from hobby lobby with paper and modge podge (I thought about decorating them with candy wrappers but I couln't eat that much candy!) and filled them with chocolate to take home.

We made it a slummber party out of it (14 girls!) but you wouldn't have to. Except for the craft, it was relatively inexpensive for that many girls and the craft ended up being the pary favor.

The girls LOVED it!

Hope this helps

Three weekends in a row in January, my duaghter is going to movie parties. All the kids meet at the birthday girl's house - two or three parents caravan the kids to the movie theater for a movie and snacks - then they come back to the house for an hour or two for pizza, cake, and presents.

She also attended a junior chef party where the girls all decorated aprons then made their own pizzas and later on they made and decorated their own sugar cookies. She loved that.

The skating rink, ice skating rink, ITZ, and lazer tag are all fun if you don't want to have it at your house.

Paper Daisy at 290 and Spring Cypress has great invitations that fit most any theme. Have fun planning!

1 / 3