NuvaRing Pro's and Cons?

Hi all you mommies out there. I'm considereing NuvaRing as birth control. I have read all the info I can find online, but am interested in real life expereinces...good and bad. Thanks!

Hey T.,
I used the NuvaRing for three years and loved it. It is very easy to use, and you don't have to worry about forgetting to take a pill every day. The only dates you have to remember are when to take it out and when to put it in.
The only thing that became a negative for me was I started getting yeast infections after I began using it. I didn't have them prior.

I loved the ring! It was so convenient to just put it in and forget about it. I am horrible about taking pills so this worked really really well for me. The only side effect I had was my breasts hurt all the time from the higher dose of estrogen.

Hey T.,

Love, love, love it...after having two kids I swore never to take the pill again, makes me a little crazy :) tried the copper iud for almost a year but it didn't really agree with my body (terribly painful bloating with each period). I have had the ring for about 6 months now...no side effects what so ever, no clue it is there! Love the low, constant, localized dose of hormones.. Let me know if you have other questions...

I loved the NuvaRing for about a year. After that I noticed some weird things - smell changes, weight gain, etc. One doctor said there was no way my weight was related to the ring but I had NEVER gained weight in my life. My other doctor said any birth control can do anything - if the package says so or not. It just depends on the person. I would sometimes come out during sex but I am now thinking I didn't place it "high enough".

I would say give it a try. I really did like it for the majority of the time I used it. I was also pretty "over" doing the b/c thing hormonally so that was the time I stopped altogether. Good luck!

I was on the Nuvaring for a few years and loved it. I stopped using it when I wanted to have my son. When I do decide to go back to Birth Control I will go back to the ring. For me it was better on my body. You are constantly getting hormones unlike the pill. The pill shocks your body.

I hope this helps.

How about waiting to have sex until you are married?

I was on it for about 3 years. I seemed to be having hormornal issues not sure if it was related but my doctor has me switch to seasonique (daily pill for 3months then I get my cycle). My big problem with the ring was that after a while I would forget loose track of when I out it in. But it worked. I didn't get pregs.

I used it for a while. I never felt it and my husband didn't get bothered by it. My doctor thought it might be good as it's a low, localized dose of hormones. It ended up causing the same really bad depression and other nasty side effects I've had on every pill I've been on before. We were also using it to stop/lessen the amount of periods I had so I'd take one out and put one right back in instead of waiting a week to have the typical withdrawal period of birth control. I ended up bleeding almost all the time I used it. I am of course the rare case but I thought I'd throw it out there to let you know.

1 / 3