Looking for Recommendations on Winter Toddler Shoes, And/or Nonslip Wool Socks?

Hello- my daughter has just recently started walking, and I am looking for ideas on which shoes and socks to get to keep her feet warm on our hardwood floors this winter. Has anyone found good mocassins, wool socks with non-slip soles, or thinly lined suede/leather shoe that they like? I hope to find something that is warm, natural fiber, and not not overly padded.

I had a problem with my older daughter always slipping on the wooden floors - even up to about the age of 6, she couldn't quite grasp how to walk without slipping. So, after she outgrew all the socks with the built-in "grippy" stuff on the bottom, someone suggested to me that I paint the puffy paint on the bottom of her socks - it worked like a charm! I found it best to do wiggly stripes rather than dots of paint - the dots were too bumpy on her feet. Try to flatten out the paint as much as possible when you put it on - but this way you could choose whichever socks YOU like, and make them non-skid!

I like Robeez too, but I like the LL Bean mocs. even more. My son has a high instep (read fat feet) and they are roomier. Good luck!

My favorites were also the brand "Padders", also lands end or llbean has some great fleece slippers/socks that have non slip on the bottom, and are reasonably priced.
good luck

I see everyone says robeez. Personally, I am not crazy about them, but it is only because they are just not a look I would choose. I really love Treadders or Padders. They have a website treadders.com. They are a slipper that has a leather sole and they range in price from 12.95-16.95. They come in every color and they stay on their feet. If you like the look of the Robeez then you should go with those, but if you don't, try the Treadders.

See Kai Run has a great line of kids shoes. Love them for my 21 month old.

E.
Mommy of Blake & Gracie

I love the character slippers from LL Bean. They are reasonably priced, wear like iron and the soles totally slip resistant. My son has even worn them outside! : )

Barb

good luck

My son is the same age, we love LL Bean's fleece slippers. They really stay on and are warm!

I would also go with Robeez! They are comfortable and stretchy and will go the distance. My 15 month old wore them all last winter and spring when she was under a year. They are basically for indoors, and they have a suede bottom. I found some online for a little cheaper than the price in the stores - just google robeez and see what comes up (I can't remember the actual site). I have also used the Target ones and they were great too!

i used the robeez leather slip on shoes as slippers for during the day..... my daughter is now 2 and will still be using a pair as slippers around the house this winter too

at night she wore the carters zip up fleece PJ's w/ the feet and they have grippers on the bottom.

my house is all hardwood and tile w/ area rugs.... so the floors are cold in the winter and can be slippery.

1 / 3