Toddler Slippers with a Gripper Bottom

Hi Everyone,
I am looking to buy some slippers for my 2 year old, but I want ones that have a gripper bottom to prevent her from slipping on hard wood floors. I saw some on One Step Ahead, but these slippers did not get very good reviews overall. Can anyone offer any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

I got my sone a really nice pair from Target. They are more like a shoe with a fleece upper and rubber sole.

I've had good luck with slippers from Target. The character ones are good, but they also have a variety of plain ones.

I remember being able to buy the tube of "gripper" paint from the craft store when my son was a baby. It works like puffy paint. It was an affordable solution for us as it can be applied to regular socks or slippers etc.

Tami

My daughter is 11 and when she was little she had the best slippers and for the life of me I could not remember where I got them from when my little boy came along. He is 2 now and I ended up getting some at GAP that I LOVE and if I recall they are very similar to the ones my 11 year old had as a little one! They are very durable a little more expensive but worth it! They have a hard rubber sole non slip almost like a shoe and they are brown bears and I think GAP had some off white ones also. oh I just love them. He wears them at daycare all day just like my daughter and has had them for almost a year. I am hoping they still have them this year I need some bigger ones for him!

Acorn brand slippers have really good grips. They also make really thick socks with good grips on the bottom. They are sold in many different stores, so you might want to google them and see where they are in relation to you.

We are ready to go into our third winter and countless attempts at different slippers (and several yucky slipping accidents). The best option we have found is ROBEEZ SHOES. I know that they are marketed toward babies and first walkers, but they are GREAT for around the house. They don't slip, they are easy to get on and lightweight so she just forgets they are there. They make them into larger sizes now (up to age 3-4). I love them because we just slip them on over her socks first thing in the morning and when we come back home after taking off our shoes. Even the salesperson at our Stride Rite recommends them.

Our second choice, but not quite as good are from Hanna Anderson: http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C22%7C2%...

I saw some at Target

I just found sone for my son (2 1/2) at target. They're blue but come in other colors and have soles on the bottom. He's run al over the house with them and the grip is great. They were 7.99 here in CT and are nice because they easily fit over his feet even with socks unlike others we've bought!

Have you considered socks with grippers? My son has some soft long socks that he wears instead of slippers that have grippers on them. Look near where they sell pajamas and slippers.

1 / 3