HUGE 18 Week Belly

I'm in my third pregnancy. I am only 18 weeks, and I have been getting so big!!! My other two pregnancies were not like this. I have already gained 15 pounds, and that was with morning sickness and losing weight for the first two months! My 10 week ultrasound only shows one baby clearly. Everybody keeps commenting how large I am already.

I am a small gal, only 5' and small frame, and it's not weight being put on anywhere but my belly. The rest of my body still looks normal, but my belly is outrageously huge already to me. I'm not concerned about being fat or anything like that, just wondering if this is normal ...maybe since it's my third pregnancy in 4 years? Do they get bigger like this so fast if you have had more than one? I lost all the weight both times after my first two (thank God for breastfeeding)... that's why I am so confused why I got so big so fast. I look like I could be due in a couple months, and I am not due until december! People were already asking me what I was having a even a couple months ago. That was frustrating because the doctor can't even tell that early, but I guess they thought I was further along.

Please share if you have had a similar experience!

Oh, and I am still young, I'm only 22... So I don't think my body should be losing it's elasticity yet LOL ...maybe two pregnancies have just stretched me out too much?

My 3rd pregnancy was like this. At 6 months I looked and felt full term and was absolutely miserable. I think everything just stretches so easily at this point. I too lost weight in the beginning of the pregnancy and only gained 20 pounds for the whole thing. Just try and enjoy it as much as you can. I just love a pregnant belly :)

You could either be pregnant with a really big baby, like I was. I showed super early, and I got huge really fast. When I was 5-6 mos. prego, everyone said I looked like I was full term. I'd have people asking me when I was going to "blow." lol! My daughter was 9 lbs. 1 oz. 21 inches long.

Or you could be prego with twins, and the other baby isn't showing up yet. I've heard of that happening.

I am currently about 16 weeks along with my third in three years and also am feeling huge already. I have also had people asking me about the baby. I am carrying this one a lot high then I did my girls and I think that is part of the problem. The worst part is that I can not even come close to fitting into my swim suit that I wore all summer long with the last one and their due dates are only about 3 weeks apart. SOOOOO depressing! I guess that's the way it goes though. It is good to know I'm not the only one feeling huge so early.

How funny- this sounds like me execpt this is only my second pregnancy! I am due on Dec. 22 and have also gained 15 pounds! I actually started my first pregnancy at 118 lbs and gained 25 lbs, but then went down to only 100 lbs because of breastfeeding/pumping. I got pregnant again the week I stopped breastfeeding, so I attribute some of the weight gain to that. I think you are doing fine- good luck!

Well, I see there are lots of responses already - you know you're not alone. I'm 5'10", so the whole 5 ft. thing doesn't really apply. I usually get away with it for a long time (everyone says 'I didn't even know, you can't tell, blah, blah) until 25 weeks, last time it was 30???? THEN everyone thinks "that did not just happen, you're having twins, etc.." I've had at least two years between each birth (one 8 year gap) and this is my fourth (Sept). From the second on, they've hung low but each one's different - just bigger than "normal". Whatever that's supposed to mean! I've gained the least amount of weight with this one and my tummy's bigger than it's ever been - even at delivery - and I'm a little over a month away yet??? Grow, be healthy - best wishes for you and your little ones!

S.,
My third son is 4 moths old. Like you I was very large, just in my belly. I showed much earlier this time than the other two times. Each sonogram (I had 5) I asked them to check that there was only one. They did, and there was. My mom thought I was further along, I wasn't. I only gained 20 lbs. It was all baby. So to answer your question, you are not alone. Congrats on the third baby!

Several things could cause this-hidden multiple or too much aminotic fluid in the uterus are the usual culprits. Several pregnancies close together or just a bigger baby are the other usual culprits.

MMMMMMM perhaps more than one that is not being detected... God Bless

1 / 3