How to Get Candle Wax Out of a Table Cloth

Thanks to my daughter's help blowing out the Christmas candles, there is a lot of wax dried onto my linen table cloth. Is there any way to get it out, or is the tablecloth a total loss? Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll get out the iron tonight and try it!

Place several layers of newspaper over the wax and iron with hot iron over and over again, moving the paper as needed to allow the wax to have a new place to be absorbed. This works like a charm unless the wax had some dye in it. The only time this failed me is with red wax. The wax came out but the red dye stayed in.
Hope this helps

You can put something over it and iron it. It will melt the wax onto whatever you're ironing on (towel, paper towel, etc) Good luck

put a cloth on top and Iron it out, it will melt away!

Scrape as much of the wax off as possible. Then, place some paper towels under the table cloth and on top of it, where the wax is and iron it on a low setting. Usually the paper towels will soak up the melted wax as you iron.

Once you have the large pieces of wax off of the table cloth, I would recommend using a product called Solumel. I've known Solumel to get out candle wax and crayon out of carpet. It is a great solvent that will get out just about any waxy, oily, or water-based stain. I love it!

M., just want to add my enthusiasm for Sol-U-Mel from Melaleuca! My friend got red candle wax out of her white carpet with it. N. ____@____.com

The solution depends on the tablecloth fabric, if they are stain resistant polyester tablecloths like the ones on

http://www.TableclothsForLess.com/

Then do the following... to get the wax off first freeze the cloth and then remove the frozen wax... keep in mind there will still be a "wax oil" stain below the wax... to remove this wax oil stain use 4 tablespoons of salt and 4 tablespoons of club soda in enough water to cover the fabric... soak for 24 to 48 hours.... then launder normally, if the cloths are white add a touch of bleach.

My Mom just had this happen at Thanksgiving with one of her very nice tablecloths. She froze it to peel off the wax and then used Goo Gone to remove the stain and oily mess. She said it looks new.

I've heard you can use ice to make the wax hard enough to peel off, but I've never tried it.

1 / 3