How to Get Baby Oil Out of Clothing?

While I don't use baby oil on my kids, I use the baby oil gel as a quick moisturizer on my legs sometimes and it works great. I realized I stained a comfortable t-shirt. Anyone have a solution? Thanks!

Lately, it seems like I have been getting cooking oil on on my favorite shirts lately, haha. Now, I know that this is a solution for cooking oil, but it just might work for baby oil too. I actually squirt a bit of dish soap on my shirt, rub it in good and let it sit. Then I will run it in the wash. If the stain did not go away completely, I repeat the process until it does. The most I have had to do this is 3 times, and voila, that stain is gone. I also use 409 sometimes too, and that has had the same results. Good luck! :)

Dawn dishwashing liquid can do a nice job on oil. Put it straight on the fabric and rub it in, covering the entire grease stain, let it sit for a few, then launder. I would not put it in the dryer after the first wash, in case it didn't all come out. You can't tell if the stain is entirely gone until it has completely air-dried. You may need to treat a second time. Once you know the stain is out, you can wash and dry as usual. Good luck!

Goof Off or Goo Gone works well on stains like that. I have used both with GREAT success. Good luck!

Make it a GREAT day!

WD-40 will get any oil out of clothes (even car oil :). I've used it for years, since i also use baby oil on my legs, and change my own oil in my car. Just spray a little on let it sit over night or a couple hours than wash in hottest possible!! Good luck!

baby powder or cornstarch is supposed to help pull oily stains out of clothes.

The problem with Goo Gone or WD40 is then you have a nasty chemical smell that takes 3-4 washes to get rid of. The Goo Gone instructions also say to wash the garment alone - why run an entire load for 1 article of clothing...very wasteful. Those that say Dawn dish soap are right on - it's the best grease cutter for dishes and is quite safe for clothing. Be careful how you use it though - I put a dab right on a greasy spot and rubbed it then then laundered. When my shirt came out it had a faded spot where the soap was. Dab a small amount on, but don't rub vigorously!

I haven't tried this, but...
# Step 1
Don’t forget about the spill and toss the piece of clothing into the washer and dryer. If you do, it may set the stain in for life.
#
Step 2
Pre-treat the stain area with a pre-wash stain remover, such as Spray and Wash. Soak the stain area completely, and let it sit for a few minutes before putting into the wash machine.
#
Step 3
Wash the article in the washing machine, using the hottest temperature water that is safe for the fabric.
#
Step 4
Inspect the article before putting it into the clothes dryer. If any of the stain remains, you may have to repeat the previous steps.
#
Step 5
Dry the piece of clothing in the clothes dryer (if it is clothes dryer safe) AFTER all the stain is gone.

I just threw a bunch of stained shirts away. I wish I had read this first. :(

I second the Dawn. I always use the blue for grease/oil stains on clothing.

Cheers,

Jess

I keep a bottle of a product called De-solv-it on my laundry room shelf. It is a spray bottle, so very easy to use. I usually find it at a hardware store (Ace or True Value) in the same are as Goof-off (paint cleaning products). However, it does list instructions for use on laundry. I usually spray it on the spot right before throwing it in the washer and have never had a problem. I have been using this product for 3-4 years and would not be without it in my laundry room.

C.,
I use a product called "Goop hand cleaner". you can get it in the auto department at walmart or other stores I am sure. It is not the orange kind but white and in a round container. You just scoop it out and rub it in, let it sit for 15 min or so and wash away! I love it not only for oil but grass and mud and ketchup and ice cream, and chocolate and baby blowouts! It works very well. If it doesn't come out the first time, don't put it in the dryer, but rub more on and let it sit for a while longer and wash again. It always works for oil, especially if you wash in warm or hot water, but cold will usually get it out too. If it leaves a mark just wash again in warmer water.
Hopefully Helpful,
E.

Try Goop. You can get it online or in an auto-supply store. Mechanics use it to get the grease off of their hands, but it can also safely be used to break down oils on clothing. Just put a glob on the oily parts, rub it in, let it sit for about 20 minutes, then wash in warm water. It won't hurt your washing machine. I use it all the time.

use a degreaser like 409 or Arm and Hammer essentials, make sure you don't dry it in the dryer until you know the stain is out also try coke/cola on it as well it works wonders on oil/grease stains

I agree with using dish soap directly on the spot. I've used it with other oils, just not baby oil. But it's always worked well.