Removing Grease from Clothes - Help!

OK ladies, I'm sure someone's had this problem. Two of our shirts have bacon grease splattered on them from the stove, and I don't want to ruin them. What works to get out the grease completely without damaging the clothes?

If you can't get the grease out you can always use the shirts for tye-dye! :)
On the focal point, if the splatter is fresh, absorb grease with baby powder and then simply rub off. If stain is older, use white vinegar. 1/2 to 1 cup per item, let soak and rinse in hot water.

I use SNAP heavy duty it pulls grease right out. Including the grease when you are working on a car

My best friend has to remove bacon grease from her mom's clothes all the time and uses Murphy's Oil Soap. The one that is for cleaning wood. She says it works great!

hi K.,
MIX THE BLUE 'DAWN' DISH DETERGENT AND BAKE SODA [ YELLOW BOX STUFF] MAKE A PASTE ... HARMLESS TO CLOTHING
ALWAYS KEEP THESE 2 ITEMS IN YOUR LAUNDRY ROOM ....
WORKS FOR EVERY STAIN ....!
A MESSY WORKER .
PS= CHECK THE SHIRTS ' BEFORE' PLACE'N IN DRYER .....ONCE YOU DRY THE STAIN IN ...TOO LATE ... SOMETIMES YOU MAY HAVE TO WASH TWICE.

I can't remember if it worked on cooking grease, but my grandmother used to swear by soaking my uncle's grease-stained clothes in lestoil before laundering. The stuff smells AWFUL, but it did cut motor oil well.

Try a stain remover called ZOUT. It is sold in the laundry detergent section with the other stain removers, and Walmart has it. It removes EVERYTHING! I swear by it! I know that Walmart carries it, and I have seen it at other stores too. Good luck!

Lestoil

you can get it at hardware stores. rub it into the spot, let it sit for about 10-20mins and then wash regular cycle.

works every time!

I have had good luck getting out oil stains with the little Oxy-Clean spray that you keep in your purse. Spray a bunch on-blot-spray again until it comes out.

1 / 3