Removing Grease from Clothes - Help!

OK ladies, I'm sure someone's had this problem. Two of our shirts have bacon grease splattered on them from the stove, and I don't want to ruin them. What works to get out the grease completely without damaging the clothes?

If you can't get the grease out you can always use the shirts for tye-dye! :)
On the focal point, if the splatter is fresh, absorb grease with baby powder and then simply rub off. If stain is older, use white vinegar. 1/2 to 1 cup per item, let soak and rinse in hot water.

I use SNAP heavy duty it pulls grease right out. Including the grease when you are working on a car

My best friend has to remove bacon grease from her mom's clothes all the time and uses Murphy's Oil Soap. The one that is for cleaning wood. She says it works great!

hi K.,
MIX THE BLUE 'DAWN' DISH DETERGENT AND BAKE SODA [ YELLOW BOX STUFF] MAKE A PASTE ... HARMLESS TO CLOTHING
ALWAYS KEEP THESE 2 ITEMS IN YOUR LAUNDRY ROOM ....
WORKS FOR EVERY STAIN ....!
A MESSY WORKER .
PS= CHECK THE SHIRTS ' BEFORE' PLACE'N IN DRYER .....ONCE YOU DRY THE STAIN IN ...TOO LATE ... SOMETIMES YOU MAY HAVE TO WASH TWICE.

I can't remember if it worked on cooking grease, but my grandmother used to swear by soaking my uncle's grease-stained clothes in lestoil before laundering. The stuff smells AWFUL, but it did cut motor oil well.

Try a stain remover called ZOUT. It is sold in the laundry detergent section with the other stain removers, and Walmart has it. It removes EVERYTHING! I swear by it! I know that Walmart carries it, and I have seen it at other stores too. Good luck!

Lestoil

you can get it at hardware stores. rub it into the spot, let it sit for about 10-20mins and then wash regular cycle.

works every time!

I have had good luck getting out oil stains with the little Oxy-Clean spray that you keep in your purse. Spray a bunch on-blot-spray again until it comes out.

Dawn dish liquid, gets so many things out!!! Especially grease! just put on your clothes and rub - maybe let it sit a while (but not dry out) and then wash in the laundry... good luck!!!

Hi K., Shout GEL works on just about everything! And the best part is you put it on the stain and you don't have to wash it right away! It actually works better if you wait at least a day before washing. I have used it for around 14 years and it has rarely let me down...it even removed 2yr old set in, packed away in hot attic, formula stains from hand-me-down baby clothes! Best wishes.

Goop found in the automotive section. It really works!!

Put on some dawn dish soap. use the regular blue dawn. let it sit for at least 30 minutes then wash. do not put it in the dryer in case the stain did not come out. I used it before when i got pizza grease on my shirt and it came out. I have also used in on bad stains my son got on his shirt and they came out completely. good luck

My mother swears by the blue Dawn dish soap for EVERYTHING! I'd try it -- like the other poster said -- mixed w/a little baking soda. Couldn't hurt them & worth a try!
p.s. My Gram used to SWEAR by Lestoil for tough laundry stains.

I have recently heard a great tip that worked for me Try Dawn dishwashing detergent dabbed on the spots. Let it soak in awhile, then wash as usual. I had set in grease stains on my polyester tops, and it removed it. Also Biz is an excellent product to add in for stains. Good Luck!

The best results I have had is with Amway LOC. Many years ago, when I was first married, my husband got butter on a permapress shirt. I washed it and dried it. When I was ironing it I saw the butter was still there. I had just gotten the LOC but had not tried it. So on the shirt it went, sat a little while, washed, dried and the butter was gone!!

Put a dab (use very little) of Lestoil right on the spot, let it sit, than wash. I use this all of the time to get stains out of the kids clothes.

Dawn dishwashing liquid.