How Do You Get Rid of Desitin on Clothes?

Hi there!
My adorable almost 3 year old got a hold of a tube of Desitin, the overnight releif...very sticky and stinky! and decided to paint the walls and the leather couch. Not to mention that he got it all over his clothes(navy blue cotton outfit), I washed it with hot water and detergent in the washer but it didn't came off. Do any of you know how to get this sticky thing out of his clothes??? Thanks girls!

Try some greased Lightning degreaser spray...
let it soak then wash normally..P.
Lemme know if this helps
Good LUCK!

DAWN dish detergent just rub it into the area well and then wash in the washing machine sometimes you have to do it over again but it gets out all greasy stains!

Dawn Dish soap. Squeeze some on the heavy spots, and rub it in (like the ring around the collar comercials), and then soak the clothes in the sink water.
hand washing sucks, I know, but the Dawn will work. It's also good on axel grease and motor oil.... My hubby is a gear head.
Whatever you do, don't put the dawn in the clothes washer, ot will sudslock, and could end up costing a bunch of moeny in reapirs. Once the clothes are scrubed by hand, rinse them, and then wash them in the washer (no detergent) to get the remainder of the soap out.

Please let me know how this works for you, because it did wonders for me when my daughter did the EXACT same thing. 8-)

a tooth brush and a little bit of dawn dishwashing (not dishwasher) soap!

Hello. I don't know if this will work, but it gets out all the stains on my messy two year olds clothes. I use something called goop. (Or goop off) I buy it in the dollar store, it is in a little orange tub. You just put it on the clothes, then let it sit for a few hours, or overnight, and wash it regularly, the stain should come out. Hope this helps!!

let it soak then wash normally..P.
Lemme know if this helps
Good LUCK!

Have you tried goo gone? That seems to work on everything. Let me know, thanks H.

I know you are going to think this is crazy because i did when my husbands grandmother told me but it really works. It will get any grease stain out of clothing. (im not sure about motor oil) Anyways you take and lay the clothing flat and put baby powder on the grease stain, Let it sit overnight or a day and then wash it. I know it sounds crazy but the baby powder draws out the grease! I have a 3 year old and i have to do this often! It works great- it will amaze you!

Dawn is very good and would probably work. I agree that it would probably work best if u did it by hand b/c u can get every little spot. But as for putting dawn in the washer sudslocl thing....not true in my case. I've done this several times. My husband cooks at a bar-b-q resturant and I sometimes wash his clothes with dawn in the washing machine...also have used it to put in dishwaher. but with the dishwasher u caant fill the containers all the way b/c it will suds lock that. Anyway, if the stains still dont come out go buy some stain remover meant for clothes like shout.

1 / 3