Help, I Can't Get My Ceramic Cooktop Clean!!

Okay, it's my own fault for not cleaning it sooner and letting all that spilled food cook onto my cooktop over and over. But the "Cooktop Magic" always did a miraculous job removing the brown crust so I figured I'd get to it eventually. Except this time I must have waited too long because the crust is not coming off, even after three tries with the miracle product. Now what? Anyone out there have a trick to remove cooked-on food from your stove?

Next time I'm coming here first before spending a fruitless hour of scrubbing.

Round one with the razor blade removed the 3-dimensional food gunk.... YES!
Next I'm gonna soak and try to get the stains out.
Thank you mamas!

I just discovered "Bar Keepers Friend". Nothing worked for me for years, but this stuff works. It is slightly abrasive (think comet), but brings the cooktop back to a shine (we have a gas frigidare).

Get a razor blade, and scrape it.

my instruction book that came with my stove said to use a razor blade to scrape off stuck on food before using cleaners.
also the "dr watson" multi purpose cleaner I got at target works good for gettign it clean , spray on leave on for a few mins and wipe off.

razor blade or magic eraser

good luck!

I always use a razor blade. Does wonders removing the dried on crud.

razor blade

cheap and no chemicals

=)

Baking soda & vinegar mixed together with lots of elbow grease. You can let it set for about an hour to soften it up first. I have a white cook top & sometimes I have to clean it 2 or3 times to get it completely clean.

I have an electric stove with the smooth top. when it gets really bad, I put a layer (thick one too) of dawn soap with just a LITTLE water and let it sit for a good hour. Then wipe that up with a wet rag...THEN I use the special stuff solution for the stove and have to get one of those scrubbers and use some elbow grease. i have never had to work on the stuff more than 10 mins..(I use the timer on the stove to see how much time vs progress I am making)

1 / 3