How to Get My Cook Top Clean?

We have a cook top stove that I cannot seem to get clean. We have a particular problem with water boiling over during cooking and causing discoloration. I have tried cook top cleaner and the Scotch Brite scrubbing pad cleaner, neither of which work. Please help!

Mine was so bad I thought the glass had become etched and had called best buy to come out and replace the top. The tech told me to use a straight edge-razor blade to remove the gunk. It worked! and not a scratch on the stove. I did some googling as to how to keep it clean and have found plain old baking soda to work wonders. Just sprinkle it on on the tough spots dry, then use a barely damp scotch bright pad to scrub it clean. Been working great. Good luck!

I have the same exact problem, and I use Bar Keepers Friend. My husband heard about it on a radio show, and we tried it, and it works good. The only problem is that I have to use my husbands elbow grease because it is really hard to get off. You have to make a paste with it and scrub it with a washcloth. And make sure your stove is wet when you start scrubbing. It is non abrasive. It works better for me than the other over the counter cooktop cleaners. Good luck. Oh, and I found it at Lowes. I dont' think it is sold every where.

Hi S. - I use Weiman glass cook top cleaner and that seems to get those water burns just fine. If you have actually burned your cooktop and marred the finish - the marks may never come out.

i smear the weimans out fairly thick on the problem areas. I then heat some water in the microwave & take tongs & dip in some wipes or towels then lay them on the problem area. Let sit about 10-15, then I take my old sponge from sink. I think it is called Doby sponge, just plastic scrubber & I scrub. Cleans up pretty quick.

I use Soft Soap cleanser on mine and it works great!

I mix baking soda with a little water to make a paste, put it on the area you want to clean and then scrub it off with a moist paper towel. It always gets everything off my cook top.

use a razor blade scraper. That is what they told me to use for hard to clean areas when we bought the stove. I use the razor blade scraper at least once a month to get the hard to clean spots off. I also use the cooktop cleaner and the blue scrubber sponge, the green ones will scratch so don't use those. I love the smooth top cook stove and have had mine for 5 years and it still looks like new. I wash it off everyday with a dishcloth and water, then once a week use the cleaner and blue sponge to get the mess off that the kids didn't clean right away, then use the razor blade scraper when there are spots that won't come off with the cleaner/sponge.

How do you like that cooktop? I HATE mine! We rent our home and my cooktop was filthy when we moved in. So much so that I didn't want to put food anywhere near it! I tried all the usual cleaners and the thing that seems to work best is soft scrub and a razor blade. I buy soft scrub with beach just for the cooktop. I also eventually went down to my local hardware store and bought a razor blade scraper because I was afraid I'd lose control of the razor blade and cut myself! The scraper has a short handle which keeps your finger out of th slippery soft scrub thereby lessening the chance you'll accidentally slice off a fingertip. The scraper and 12 blades only cost me about $3. FYI:Scotchbrite pads will scratch glass. I learned that the hard way-LOL. Good luck!

1 / 3