Help Cleaning the Base of My Shower Stall

I have a shower stall in the master bedroom that has a pebble-like texture. I am hoping someone also has the same type and has found a good way to clean it. It is difficult to clean between the little crevices in the pebble texture. I have tried the magic sponge, soft scrub, and even a natural bristle brush, but nothing seems to work well. Any ideas?

It's probably mostly soap scum. I use only liquid shower soap because it builds up less. And I use it to scrub the stall out once I'm done showering; if I do that about once a week, it never builds up.

To get it clean now though, try white vinegar and a scrub brush. If that doesn't work, use the cleaning product called Kaboom! You can get it at most stores around here. Spray it on, let it sit for a couple minutes, then give it a quick scrub and the scum is gone!

D.-

I also have the same type of shower and DESPISE cleaning it. I have found that the Comet Spray Gel is a magic cleaner for my shower. Although the basin will never be completely stain free, it is about as close as I have come. I would recommend letting it sit for about 30 minutes before you try scrubbing to allow it to penetrate. It also works well on any mildew starting if you have a tiled shower. Although it can be difficult to find, I typically can always pick it up at Kroger or Giant Eagle. I hope this helps!

Hi D.. I had the same thing only in a bathtub. I use Softscrub and scrub with a scrubber( looks like the scratcher pads you use on dishes etc.). Its on a plastic base with a handle. You can get at a grocery store-Wal-Mart etc. Hope it works for you too. J. N.

Check to see if "the works" is safe on the surface. I always use this stuff cause we have well water and it stains. The works takes it right off. You can get it at dollar general.

I'm not sure if your problem is mildew or soap scum, but I have found a fabulous way to clean soap scum off of my glass shower doors. Plain old Pepsodent toothpaste! You can often get a tube of it for less than a dollar at your grocery store. (Look down on the bottom shelf where they hide the cheap stuff.) Take a rag or a plastic bath scrunchie and in no time your doors will be free of scum and minty fresh! Its much more pleasant to smell than harsh chemicals. Perhaps with a good stiff scrubbing brush you could try it on your shower floor?

I would take powder dishwasher detergent and put on there and then use a brush to rub it around and then wash it away w/water. This works well on our tub! Good luck!

We don't have pebbles but our grout got so disgusting. we ended up buying a steam cleaner and did all our floors with it. it's amazing how well it did. i bet it would work for your shower too. our neighbor came over and asked if she could borrow it after she saw the difference it made.

D.-

I use Kaboom and a plastic brush that is actually meant for dishes. It works like a charm and cuts through soap scum as well. No harsh fumes either.

OOh!! OOh!! I know, I know, I know!!!!

Assuming your're not opposed to chemicals...get your hind end to the Dollar Tree (you can get it elsewhere, as well...but why not only pay $1?!) and pick up a bottle of "The Works". This stuff ROCKS. I discovered it, by chance, a couple years ago after searching for something to clean the tub that truly cleaned it, not just prepped it for a good scrubbing. Squirt it on, let it sit a few and wipe with a sponge as you rinse.....you'll be amazed. Make sure you wear gloves and ventilate, though. It's strong and has a nasty smell (not amonia like...kinda hard to describe) but it doesn't last long as long as you ventilate.

Seriously, it's the best stuff ever made. If I had any extra $$, I'd buy stock. As it is, we can't even afford to "pay" attention. ;)

Try it and let me know what you think. Now that I think about it, I'm down to two bottles in the closet upstairs....need to put that on my list. ** They make The Works for toilets, too.

1 / 3