Rust on Bathtub

I have tried many different products to try and get the rust stains out of the bottom of the bathtub with no luck. Does anyone know anything that will work? The stains are not very big but I don't like them and want them out.
Also, Does anyone know how to get mold out of the shower around where the seal is? I do not want to scrape it out because it will tear the seal but I am not sure how to clean it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I can get most stains out by covering them with baking soda and then misting it with straight white vinegar from a spray bottle just enough to get it bubbling. Let it bubble until the soda is gone, then rinse with hot water.

Are you sure you didn't sneak in my house and see my tub instead? haha

I've still got rust on the bottom, so sorry. Can't help you with that. I couldn't get the mold off the caulk, either. It was disgusting. So finally one day, I sat and scraped it all out. It took awhile, but the caulk was even moldy underneath, so it was worth it. My husband then re-caulked it, and it looks great! It's actually whiter than my tub, which is a little weird, but it's better than it being black and nasty.

Maybe some of this other stuff will work, but I can tell you that this will DEFINITELY work. It just takes some elbow grease. Good luck!

The mold in the caulk around the tub perimeter which I guess it what you mean when you say "seal" can be removed and replaced with new caulk. You really won't be able to get the mold out of it once it is there, as it is porous. It is easy to call a handyman and have it replaced however. Or perhaps your husband is handy enough to do this himself. Silicone caulk is the most durable.
B. S.

Go to Walmart, look in the section that has Comet and Ajax in it and look for a gold canister with blue and white writing on it called "BAR KEEPERS FRIEND"...it is superb for rust stains and has no bleach in it...as fasr as the mold around the seal in the shower, try a BLEACH PEN...put it on there and let it set for a couple of hours. There is also a product that I purchased at Lowe's called "Damp Rid Mildew Stain Remover and Blocker" and it I don't think it contains bleach, there are no harsh chemical smells but it not only removes mold and mildew but there is something in it that prevents it. It's less than $5 in the cleaning section. I use it for some of my heavy-duty commercial cleaning jobs and it's great. For maintenance cleaning and for hard-water stains and soap scum, I recommend a certain product called "Tub and Tile"....Let me know if you are interested in getting it... ____@____.com

Well, I see you have many responses. I had the same problem and I did not have to remove any caulk. I sprayed some Scrubbing bubbles on both the rust and the mildew and I then added Kaboom. I let both cleaners set for 15 minutes, got me a SCRUBBER and it a all came right off. It was wonderful.

Try Winks for the rust and Tilex for the mold.

I don't have any answers but I am interested in seeing other's solutions. I wanted to add a comment about the Snobowl. It works great but be careful with it. I accidently splashed the toilet seat with it and it took off the enamel.

clr or mold remover they have several different types of cleaners for both mold and rust good luck

1 / 3