Hair Barretts That Stay In

I need some recommendations for cute hair clips, barretts, bows etc that will stay in baby fine hair.
My girl is almost one and has enough hair now to put something in it. What works? Where can I get it?

There are really cute ones at the moms to moms that work great in fine hair. What you do is put velcro on the clip it stays in.

Hello S., Clear Caro syrup!! I used it to keep bows in my girls hair when they were infants. It drys clear, is non toxic, and shampoo's out. It should help hold barretts also. Good luck.

You have already gotten a lot of great responses. I too put a "rubber band" (nicer than that though, they sell them at Wal-Mart in the baby section) in my daughter's hair and then put the clip through the hair in front of that. I have a online baby and toddler store were we sell a number of adorable "clips". www.BabyMacDesigns.com/haac.html
We have flower clips (in 3 sizes) and well as bows and korker bows, much cuter than what you will find in the stores. You can order them online, and use the free shipping code for Mamasource customers "mamasourceFS".

I read in Parents magazine a little trick....you know the no- slip liners that are made for cupboards and drawers? If you cut a small piece and hot glue it to the inside of the barrette it will keep it from sliding out. I haven't actually tried it but it sounded like a great idea to me, so I thought I would pass it on. Good luck! M.

Hi! JenJen Bowtique sells bows for infants, toddlers, older girls. I have a 2 month old who is a baldie. I love her bows and hair clips because they are so cute and they stay on! She has a website http://JenJenBowtique.com and she's also on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/JenJenBowtique

-Su

Hi! Both my girls had fine hair. What I used to do is first put one of those small rubber like pony tail holders in their hair, then attach the barrette or clip in front of it. They always stayed in. We have bought all gymboree stuff forever, and the hair clips and bows always work with this method. Good luck!

I used little bows with velcro on them...it worked great. I know you can find them at Sears, and also on craigslist.com. I found they didn't hurt the child either when she pulled them out :)

I use the no slippy hair clippy. They are clippies with magnets along the inside. Really works for my daughter. She has fine hair and has been using them for a long time.

I think they are called alligator clips. I believe I got mine at 2CuteBows.com or something like that. I had the same problem and these stay in fine, unless by daughter pulls them out.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

Bows barrets bows clips hair