Creative Ways to Tell My Family I"m Pregnant

Hi Mommies, I'm looking for creative and cute ways to tell our families that we are expecting our second child. The first time around I gave out "congratulations on your grandchild" cards and wrote, "Baby (last name), due to arrive November 2007." This went really well and I wanted a memorable and sentimental way to tell our families about baby number two.

Thanks in advance!
A.

Thanks for the great ideas everyone! I made my little girl a t-shirt that read, "Big Sister To Be...This January." I put a sweatshirt on over it and left for our parents' houses. We also bought those recordable mother's day cards with a cute written poem to grandmother from grandchild. I added a little poem 'from my daughter': Roses are red, violets are blue, nothing's sweeter than me...except maybe two and recorded her little 18 month old voice saying "baby, baby." While mom's were busy opening and reading the cards - trying to figure out what it meant I took off the sweatshirt to reveal the 'big sister' t-shirt. It went VERY well - thanks to all of you!

How about going to the M&M website (http://www.mymms.com/customprint/) and ordering some in pink/ blue that say New Baby on one side and Due Date on the other. Just something a little different and with mother's day just around the corner, it could be the gift as well.
Good Luck and Congrats!

Hello,

I gave wallet sized photo frames with a piece of paper in them with a question mark on it as a gift to the baby's great-grandparents, grandparents, aunts & uncles and anyone that was a close family member or friend. After that we announced it to other friends and family members.

Buy those very small baby bottles and put a shot of somekind, or whatev er you drink and tell them you want to make a toast to some special news....put all the bottles on a tray and bring then out!!!!

I just had my first baby a month ago. When we found out we were pregnant, I put a hamburger bun in our oven and took a picture. Then I got multiple copies made for our parents and close friends, glued them to note cards and wrote
Estimated date of arrival: 3/27/09 on the back. Everyone loved our "bun in the oven" idea...my husband is a chef, so many people thought I was sending a picture of something he made. Funny because he did, just not in the kitchen!

Use cute wrapping paper & bows and wrap up jars of "Prego" Spagehetti sauce to hand out. This one really confused my aunt about 8 yrs ago!

T shirts with "I'm going to be a big sister"/"brother" Take their picture with the shirts on = maybe holding a book The New Baby - You can make them into post cards or note cards with your message on the back or inside.
This sounds like fun! Good luck!

Friends of ours announced it with the "Big Brother" "Big Sister" t-shirts. We found out around Christmas with our second one, so we bought little photo albums with baby booties on the front and gave them out. Everyone loved them....and now they use them as little brag books with the grandkids pictures in.

how old is your first child? have him or her draw a picture of your family but have you with a pregnant belly. then he or she can show it to family members. one of my friends did this.

good luck!

I had my oldest daughter where a t-shirt that said "I'm a big sister." Everyone loved it!

With our first child we happened to find out in November so I bought bibs for each of the grandparents that said either "I Love my Grandpa" or "I Love my Grandma". I wrapped them in Christmas paper and gave them as early Christmas presents. With it being May I'm not sure the "early Christmas present" will work, but maybe you can adapt it.
My Mo-in-law flipped when she opened it...she just loved it! Of course that was her very first grandchild.
Anyhow, for what it is worth, that is how we "announced" our first child to the grandparents.
By the way...congratulations! :-)
Dianne

Congratulations!! I was going to make the same suggestion as Denise, but since she beat me to it (LOL!) how about sending "save the date" cards listing your due date. Or if you know approximate dates for ultrasounds, check ups, etc give them inexpensive calendars with those dates filled in.

1 / 3