Unique Ideas of Telling Family That You're Expecting

We recently found out that we are expecting baby number two this summer! We are very excited and wanted a neat way to tell both of our families. We were planning on telling them at Christmas and involving our 2 1/2 year old daughter in the process. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Make a family tree (you could make a drawing, use felt and glue or whatever you can come up with) and include a "new branch" that says "BABY" and wrap it up and give it to them for Christmas!

Put a bread roll in the oven when they aren't looking. then later tell the grandparents you have a special treat for them in the kitchen, but they have to find it. When they open the oven, they will see the "bun in the oven". It is hysterical watching them search all through the kitchen looking for their present and then see their faces when they open the oven!

http://www.abbeypress.com/product.asp?pn=45349&sid=CA...

I saw this and just knew someone on here had asked for some ideas. Hopefully I am not sending it too late. Congrats and good luck!

We sat all the grandparents down, told them we had a gift for all of them, and gave the each "congratulations on your new grandson" cards, and had them open them at the same time. Took my MIL a few minutes to figure it out, but it was PRICELESS!!!! We have the whole thing on camera!

Make or buy them an ornament saying baby's first christmas 2008.

I bought my daughter a "I'm a big sister" t-shirt and let "her tell everyone". It's a lot of fun watching what unfolds and the conversations and even some confusion. Sometimes it even took forever for some to figure it out.
Good luck, congratulations! Cathi

I bought the book "I'm a big sister" and took a picture of my daughter "reading" it. Then I made a card. The card folded in half. Before opening the card, you just saw my daughters face, when you open the card, you saw the book she was reading.

I heard a lot of people doing the "big brother/big sister" shirts, so I played off that, but did it a little different. Good luck, this is so much fun!

We announced our second at Christmas time by by giving my parents a photo album that said "Grandkids" (first hint since at this point they only have 1 grandchild" Then we put a few picks of my daughter in it and the last one was an ultrasound of the new baby. It was so funny to watch them flip through the pics and get to the last one and figure it out.

Good Luck and congrats! What a great suprise for everyone!

I did the Big Brother and Big Sister T-shirts too. My kids wore them everywhere for about two weeks. Everybody loved them. If you are telling them at Christmas, maybe you could make your daughter a shirt that says something like:

I asked Santa for a new tricycle and all I am getting is a new baby brother!

Or something like that.

Good luck and congratulations.

1 / 3