Breakfast Casserole Recipe for Thanksgiving Morning

Moms, I am needing a great-tasting, easy idea for breakfast Thanksgiving morning. It needs to feed 15 people (in-laws). A friend of mine has been chosen to do breakfast Thanksgiving morning for all of her in-laws that are in town. Does anyone have an easy breakfast casserole recipe, maybe something that can be fixed the night before and pop in the oven on Thanksgiving morning? Appreciate any ideas/recipies. Thanks.

I have one called TX brunch casserole that has jalapeno's with it. We do not care for egg and instead of a lot of eggs ( I think it has 1) it calls for creamed corn.

If interested let me know and I'll send the recipe!

I found this one last year and did it for Christmas morning. It's great....

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sausage-Egg-Casserole/Detail...

BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

1 lb. sausage
8 eggs
2 c. milk
1 c. Bisquick
1/2 c. Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 c. Cheddar cheese

Cook sausage and drain well. Beat eggs, add milk and Bisquick. Spray a 9x13 dish with Pam. Layer sausage, sprinkle grated cheese on sausage. Strain egg mix over sausage. (Must strain or will be lumpy.*) Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes or until set.

*I do not strain mine, I just mix it well with a hand held mixer and it comes out fine. Don't want to chance it, strain at will.

I also use a cheddar/jack mix or use a colby jack mix and it works as well. I add onion (dried) to the egg mixture and season to taste.

You can make this the night before...cover with plastic wrap and keep in fridge. AND it reheats well too!

I also cook mine at 350 for less time.

I serve mine with Salsa.

My almost 2 yr old eats this.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Mine isn't a casserole but it's tasty and easy. You can make several and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes and wella breakfest is ready.

1 lb sasuage
1 cream chesse block
1 pacage pilsbury cresent rolls

Brown sausage add cream cheese to it and mix well
Put cresent rolls flat (together) on a baking sheet
put sasuage and cream cheese down the middle
roll up edges of rolls
I do an egg white wash on top of the rolls. It makes the rolls "crispier" and then sprinkle poppy seeds on top.
Bake according to the roll directions.

it's a quick easy favorite food for my family of 6

Here is the one we do Christmas morning, it bakes while we open presents.

6 slices of white bread
10 eggs
2 cups of shredded cheese
1 cup milk
1 pound ground sausage, browned
1 package bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled

(You can do this with the sausage only, but we use both for special meals.)

Cook the sausage and bacon. Spray the bottom of a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. Lay the 6 pieces of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and add the cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the bread in the 9x13 dish, add the cooked ground sausage and the cooked, crisp & crumbled bacon. Store covered overnight in the fridge - this step is necessary so the eggs soak the bread correctly. The next morning, bake at 375 for about an hour.

This should serve quite a few, but you could make another smaller one just in case. We use this on Christmas, it's yummy, but we don't eat too much so we can save room for Christmas Lunch.

Here's a recipe that I make often and it's always a HUGE hit. In fact my husband just asked me to make it so he can take it to the deer lease this weekend. Oh yeah, it's also super easy and a hit with kids!

1 lb sausage
1 brick of cream cheese
2 cans cresent rolls (I get the big ones)

Brown sausage and drain. While sausage is draining melt cream cheese in pain. Mix in sausage when cheese is melted. Unroll cresent rolls and put triangles together to make rectangles, sealing seams. Spoon sausage mixture into middle of rolls and seal roll around the mixture. Bake according to directions on can.

To make the night before I make the sausage/cream cheese mixture and refrigerate. In the morning I warm the mixture in microwave before spooning it into the rolls. You may need to double or triple the recipe for a big crowd.

You can find great recipes at www.tasteofhome.com. Everything I have made from this magazine these past 20 years has been delicious.

This is my aunt's receipe and my kids even love it!

Ingredients:
Pillsbury crescent rolls
eggs (approx. 9)
Prepared sausage/bacon
onion peppers mushrooms...you can add whatever you like to it or nothing at all!
cheese

Spray the bottom on a rectangular pan...I think the one I use is 13x9. Unroll the crescent rolls and spread on the bottom of the pan. Blend the eggs together and pour over hte crescent rolls. Then throw in the toppings that you like....be sure to have already cooked the bacon or sausage. Then top with cheese. You can pretty much change the amount of eggs you need or cheese or toppings based on your likes or dislikes. Then just bake it at 350 degrees for about 30 or 45 minutes or until a browned around the edges. So yummy! Enjoy! I usually make 2 of them for large parties...one with bacon and one iwth sausage.

When we are going camping or hunting before we leave I buy a tube of Jimmy Dean maple sausage and fry it up like hamburger then I add and 18 count eggs to it and scramble it all up together. When it cools down I put it in a zip lock. In the mornings we take a flour tortilla and put some of the eggs on it and some shredded cheese pop it in the micro for about 30-40 seconds, picante sauce if you like and roll it up. Balanced meal no dirty dishes and you just put the bag back in fridge. No muss no fuss.

1 / 3