Need Recipe for Christmas Morning Breakfast

I am looking for a good recipe to make for Christmas morning breakfast. I want the morning to be relaxing for everyone, so I would like to make some sort of egg casserole or something that I can somewhat put together the night before. Any ideas?

My mom uses her waffle maker to make waffles the night or even a couple days ahead, she under cooks them slightly and then freezes them. When we are ready to eat them we pop them in the toaster and then scramble eggs to go with them. Makes breakfast fast and easy.
You could always make muffins the night before also.

Spray a 9X13 pan with pam.

press a crescent roll into it.

Cook a pound of sausage.

Beat 6-8 eggs and put into dish with crescent roll and add sausage.

Bake for about 30 minutes at 400.

you can add cheese or other things with the eggs and modify for more people.

hope you enjoy it!

We make this Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole every year...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Christmas-Breakfast-Sausage-...

Something we call egg bake. It reheats well or easy to mix in the morning. I dont like egg things but I like this. I made it last Christmas and it went over great.

1 Cup Bisquick
1 Cup Milk
6-8 Eggs
16 oz Cottage Cheese
1 lb Grated Jack Cheese
4 oz Ortega Chilies (optional)
4 oz Bacon bits (optional)

Mmix all ingredients together and pour into a 9” x 13” baking dish (I spray the dish with a vegetable oil coating to avoid hard clean up). Bake at 350 degrees for 40 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Here is a great recipe from my co-worker, it's delicious!

24 Hour Omelet

Sliced white bread
1 lb bacon
1 large can diced green chilies
1 C Longhorn cheese, grated
1 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 C Monterey Jack cheese, grated
8 eggs
1 ½ C milk
2 green onions with tops, chopped

Grease a 13” x 9” baking dish.
Spread white bread slices on bottom of pan to cover.
Fry bacon until crisp, then crumble and sprinkle over bread. (You can use any meat, such as ham, sausage, etc.) Spread diced green chilies on top of bacon, and sprinkle cheeses on top of chilies. (If you prefer, you can use all of one kind of cheese or some of each.)
Beat eggs with milk, and add chopped green onions. Pour over dish of ingredients - do not stir.
Refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 30-40 minutes.

I haven't tried this recepi because it seems really big and I only have myself, my husband and my 17 month old daughter to feed, but it's a crockpot breakfast. Let me know how it turns out if you try it:

Crockpot Breakfast

32 oz frozen hash browns
1 lb cooked ham cubed ( lean )
1 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
1 1/2 c shredded cheese
12 eggs
1 c skim milk
1 t salt
1 t black pepper

Divide potatoes, ham, veggies and cheese so you can create several layers of each in the crock pot. Start with the hash browns, then ham, onions peppers and last cheese. Repeat until you have several layers. Beat eggs, milk salt & pepper pour over layers in the crockpot cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours overnight.

Hi A.! I know what you mean about having something easy, and good! This one you can do the night before! You just want to take it out and let it come to room temperature before baking!

*Mexican Breakfast Strata
3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 pound breakfast sausage
3 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese OR 2 cups shredded cheddar and 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
4 oz. can shopped green chiles, drained if possible
12 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk

Place hashbrowns in a greased (I use Pam) 9x13-inch baking dish. In a skillet, brown and crumble the sausage. Drain and place on top of hash browns. Sprinkle with cheese and chiles.

In another bowl beat the eggs and milk. Pour over the chiles. If necessary, use a fork to make sure the egg mixture trickles down to the hash browns. At this point you can cover with plastic wrap and let sit in fridge over night.

Bake at 350º about 50 minutes, or until set.

Makes 8-10 servings.
Here is another recipe as well. It can also be made the night before.

*Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Strata

This recipe is really adaptable. You can substitute different veggies, or add meats, etc.

12 eggs
2 t. hot sauce
1/2 cup flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 cup melted butter
1 pint cottage cheese
1 lb. shredded cheese, such as Jack and Cheddar mixed
8 oz. marinated artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
8 oz. roasted red peppers, chopped
4 slices white bread, crusts trimmed off and cut into cubes.

Beat eggs and add hot sauce. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together, whisk into eggs. Add melted butter, then fold in cottage cheese, shredded cheese, artichoke hearts, and roasted red peppers.

Sprinkle bread cubes into 2 buttered 8" x 8" glass baking dishes. Pour egg mixture evenly over the top. Recipe can be prepared up ahead to this point, covered, and refrigerated over night. Bake at 350º for 45 minutes or until eggs are firm and knife comes out clean. Garnish with sour cream and green salsa

Merry Christmas!
Jen

I've a great recipe you make the night before & bake Christmas morning. Can be made veggie or w/ meat.
You can email me & I'll send the recipe to you. I use stoneware b/c I think it gives a better product, but the original recipe used pyrex 9x13 baker.

I have made "Three Cheese Brunch" for years. Everyone who has tried it LOVES it! You can prepare all the cheese the night before and add the add eggs and dry ingredients in the morning -- it's in the oven cooking in about 15 minutes. It's great reheated, too! Serve with fruit, bagels, croissants and you have a fabulous breakfast.

One Dozen Eggs (Extra Large)
16 Oz Cream Cheese (2 blocks) cut in cubes
1-1/2 lbs shredded or cubed monterey jack
1 Tbs. Butter – cut in small pieces
1-1/2 to 2 Cups Cottage Cheese
1-1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. Salt
1-1/2 tsp Sugar
¼ to ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper to taste
Large Can Chopped Green Chiles/or scallions/green onions
(You can add a small can of Jalapeno peppers too for those spicier lovers)
Fresh ground Pepper to taste

Beat eggs -- mix cream cheese, cottage cheese, monterey jack and butter (I do this the night before and refrigerate).
Combine cheese and eggs. Add baking powder, salt, sugar, Cayenne pepper, chopped green
chilies (and Jalapenos) and fresh ground pepper. It will be quite thick.

Spray a large deep Pyrex baking dish (oblong/13x9) or heavy ceramic lasagna or Mexican baking dish with Pam and pour mixture into dish. Make sure it is evenly distributed in the baking dish. It will be really thick and the cheese will be chunky
within the egg mixture. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour, or until golden brown
on top. Make sure the center is done and not runny by inserting a fork or knife to test. Let cool for 30-60 mins. before serving, otherwise it will not hold together when you
cut it. Needs to set up well or the cheese will run.

1 / 3