Menu for 10Am Birthday Party

My son is turning one in December, and we are having his birthday party from 10am until noon. I was thinking of having brunchy items, like a fruit salad, mini quiches, and pigs-in-a-blankets. I'm trying to look for other ideas, especially for things 1-2 year olds would enjoy (adults and older kids too, though).

Feel free to post recipes too, if you have them. Also, oddly, I've never actually made pigs-in-a-blankets before. What's the best way?

I love the 10 am bday party...everyone can go home, kids can nap, you can clean up and relax and still have the day. Anyway, i do pigs with the cresent rolls in the refridge section and use little eckridge sausages. Wrap and bake as normal on the can. Super easy! My kids love cube cheese with pretzels as the pick up sticks. Also, mine always want pickles so a relish tray is good to balance out the sweet stuff. Have fun!

I would maybe do some donut holes. Maybe a cinnamon roll pull apart loaf. You get the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Cut each circle into fourths. Drop them into a greased loaf pan and bake. Cool on a plate. Microwave the frosting about 5 seconds and drizzle over the top. Maybe a breakfast casserole? I don't like them, but i know lots of people that do. My mother in law makes sausage pinwheels that are good too. Make the biscuit recipe on the back of a Bisquick box. Roll it out on a floured surface into a rectangular shape. Spread uncooked sausage on and roll. Refrigerate for an hour or so. Slice sideways and bake. These are very yummy. Bagels and spreads would be good. Maybe some mini muffins.

As for pigs in a blanket, you can buy them at donut stores, but they are quite expensive. I get a can of crescent rolls and a package of little smokies. Lay the crescent triangle out, and slice it into 3 pieces (sometimes I can get four, just depends on how much dough / sausage ratio you like). Roll the dough around the smokie and place on a cookie sheet and bake according to the crescent directions. One roll of crescent rolls uses about a half a package of sausage rolls.

When I make pigs in a blanket, I use the little smokies sausages and pillsbury crescent rolls.

Each roll will make about 3 pigs with the little smokies. Just roll up and bake until rolls are done.

Also, for adults and when we have guests I have 2 things I make.

First is a TX Brunch casserole. I do not eat eggs (as in scrambled, etc) I will eat eggs IF they are mixed into a recipe. This casserole calls for creamed corn instead of the traditional eggs. I can get the recipe if you like. It also calls for a layer of green chiles. I serve the chiles on the side.

Another favorite is baked oatmeal. We had this once at a bed and breakfast in the Amish country and it is SO good. Let me know if you are interested in recipes.

Enjoy your party!!

K.,

I did the exact same kind of party for both my sons' 1st birthdays. It really worked out good.

Here is everyone's favorite recipe by far:

1 lb of sausage
1 block of cream cheese
2 cans of crescent rolls (I like to use the bigger ones)

Brown sausage and drain. Melt cream cheese in pan and mix in sausage. Remove crescent rolls from cans and make 2 rectangles out of each can by sealing perferations. Spoon sausage mixture into middle of the dough and seal around the mixture. Bake according to package directions.

I usually make the mixture the night before and refrigerate. When I'm ready to bake it I put the sausage mixture in the microwave to get the chill off and make it easier to spoon.

EVERYONE loves this recipe and it is super easy!!

SAUSAGE BALLS
1 lb Owens sausage, hot
2 ¼ C Bisquick
8 oz grated cheese
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper

Mix ingredients in large bowl until it becomes one huge ball. Roll into the desired ball size and place on cookie sheet. Spray Pam on cookie sheet to avoid sticking. Place in oven at 350° F and cook for 12 to 15 minutes depending on temperature of oven. Turn balls over after 7 minutes and place in oven until all sausage ball are brown.

ITALIAN APPETIZER BITES
2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls
½ lb sliced deli salami
½ lb sliced provolone cheese
½ lb sliced boiled deli ham
7 eggs
2 (12 oz) jars roasted red peppers, drained

Heat oven to 350° F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll 1 package of the crescent rolls and use dough to line the bottom of prepared baking dish. Pinch seams together with fingers. Cover rolls with half the salami, provolone and ham. Lightly beat together 6 of the eggs and the parmesan cheese; pour half evenly over top. Top with half the roasted red peppers. Repeat layering with remaining salami, cheese, ham, egg mixture, and peppers. Top with remaining package of crescent rolls. Lightly beat the remaining egg and brush over top. Cover dish with foil; bake at 350° F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 more minutes. Cool for 1 hour; cut into 32 squares and serve.

BREAKFAST PIZZA
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp butter
2 (8-inch) pizza crusts (recommended: Boboli)
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 C shredded jack cheese blend (recommended: Colby)
4 fully cooked sausage patties, crumbled
¼ C shredded parmesan
1 medium tomato, diced
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 450° F. In a medium pan over medium heat, scramble eggs in butter; set aside. Lay out pizza crusts and brush each with oil. Top with eggs, cheese, crumbled sausage, parmesan, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to bubble. Serve hot, cut into wedges.

BRUNCH PUNCH
1 (6 oz.) can Tropicana orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 (6 oz.) can lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 qt. cranberry juice, chilled
1 qt. ginger ale, chilled
1 fresh orange, sliced

Mix thawed orange juice, lemonade, cranberry juice and chill until party time. Then add ginger ale and oranges. Makes 10 3/4 cups.

Breakfast casseroles with potatoes & ham or sausage and eggs would be good too. Mini muffins - love the pig in the blanket idea - Fruit - donut holes. Hot Chicken Salad - email me if you want recipes - ____@____.com.

Go to bettycrocker.com Great ideas and suggestions!

When we make pigs in a blanket I use hot dogs, cheese, and crescent rolls. They are sooo good and very easy. All we do is take a hot dog and cut it in half, and then cut it in half again. (So you can make 4 with one hot dog) The we take a slice of American cheese and make three strips out of it. Roll the hot dog and cheese into the crescent and you are done. After you bake them of course. My daughter is 2 and loves them.

You may also try little sandwiches like PB&J (as long as you know no one is allergic). Use a cookie cutter to the sandwich out into a fun shape, cars, trucks, etc..

If you need invitations check out my site, I would be happy to help www.WorksofaWink.com

Have a great party!

1 / 3