Birthday Gift Ideas? - Walnut,CA

My sweet niece is turning 6years old this month and I am very creative when buying gifts. I just can't think of any good ideas for a 6 year old girl... I was wondering if anyone knew of something super special I can get her or do for her. She is in 1st grade and has pretty much everything. Her room is decorated Little Mermaid and even though she isn't having a bday party because she is going to Disneyland(they have annual passes) I still wanted to make it very special. She is my only niece and Im her only aunt!! Any great ideas?? Thanks

Great job ladies! Wow, I thought I was creative. I loved all the ideas, thanks. Her birthday is next Friday and I thought I would give her 6 special gifts and I am going to try to pick her up from school and give her a balloon to start the celebration. gift one a scrapbook of us from birth to present age, a kit to create a braclets, little mermaid pjs, a barbie doll, a $6 Mc Donalds gift card, and earrings with her birthstone. I would love to spend the day with her and do a girls day out or take her out for a tea but my sister doesn't let her go with anyone :( including me! So I work around it and do my best to be a great aunt. Thanks for all the creative ideas. Love it

I loved the Lillian Vernon catalog. They have lots of cute things you can personalize, like towels; and kids love things with their names on them. They also have cute little roller suitcases so she can pack her pj's for a sleepover with her favorite aunt :)

Anything art related is usually a hit! For a bunch of my daughter's friends, I bought several canvasses in varying sizes, brushes and acrylic paints. There are about a bazillion kits of painting, beads, stepping stones, gems for clothing, etc. Have fun, and maybe it can be something that you do together!

Hi there E.,
My neice went to a place called American Girl at the grove for a Bday party of only 4 girls. She really liked it. It seemed like a special sweet thing to do.
;)
Brenda Echo Park
a auntie too

Hi E.,
I am part of the commissions program for a company www.iseeme.com that sells beautiful and professionally bound personalized children's books. My personal favorite is "The World According To <insert child's name>" where the child answers questions about themselves, and creates drawings (the kit tells the child what the theme of the page is). The information & drawings are submitted to the company (on line or by mail - postage included in the kit) and then they print the child's very own book. My 5 year old LOVED doing this. Both of my girls also have "My Very Own Fairy Tale" where fairies bring letters of the child's name one by one. The illustrations are gorgeous. They also have "My Very Own Name" and others to choose from.

If you or anyone decides to order anything, please be sure to use my FREE SHIPPING code fsd12725 which lets them know I referred you and also gives you FREE standard US shipping on your entire order! No expiration. Hope this helps and I know you will love the books if you decide to get one for your niece (and she will too!).

I just saw that the company is doing a promotion through 10/18 where the author will sign any books ordered through this date! They also list a temporary free shipping code (also good thru 10/18), however please use my free shipping code fsd12725 which has no expiration date. :)

Sounds like she is a special girl in more ways than one! She is definitely lucky to have a considerate auntie like you. Children, are all about the memory of good experiences - not necessarily a best "material" gift. So since she is into little mermaid, you could give her a "date coupon" to go with you to the beach to find shells or to an aquarium and if you want to give a tangible gift with it, then I suggest a beginning reader book about the sea and some related things she could use on her adventure with you. The best thing to her would be a special birthday-initiated date for just her and her auntie(ice cream is a bonus!). I'm sure you'll think of something good.

This is the perfect age for a "little lady" kit -
a mermaid purse, filled with things like : small sized travel perfume, a comb/brush, necklace, bracelet, wallet w/gift card inside, old keys that you don't know what they go to anymore, etc.. (you can even "pass down" things to her, like - "this is aunt E.'s favorite perfume" or "this is an old wallet of mine that always brought me luck and i want you to have it now")

or how about a subscription to "High 5" - it's the "Highlights" Magazine for kids her age and it's FILLED with all kinds of neat games, articles, pictures, etc..

All the ideas given so far are awesome! I will be keeping some of these in mind for future use myself:).

I was going to suggest that you make a scrapbook for her 6th birthday with a bunch of Disney pages...maybe you can do a few pages themed for each part of the park. Then she can take pictures of herself and family or whatever she wants to of each part of the park and then together you can finish up the scrapbook by adding momentos and pictures that she gathered at the park.

Another suggestion...Disney Bucks for her to spend at the park or any of the Disney stores.

I also second giving her gifts that will invest in her future. My husbands Uncle set up a small investment account for my hubby when he was in college and throughout his life has given my hubby/us awesome investment and savings ideas. This "investment" sparked a lifelong interest of saving money in my hubby :). Since kids always get a TON of "stuff" for presents, we asked all of our close family and friends to either setup savigns or investment accounts for the kids and deposit money into them in lieu of large presents or to buy them EE Educational Bonds and then just give them a small gift for them to enjoy now. It helps to cut down on the clutter in my house and will help my kids with their education costs in the future.

Since they aren't doing a birthday celebration for her, maybe you can take her out on a birthday date, just the two of you. Lunch and movies or something like that. Or take her to get her nails painted or to one of those tea and sandwich places for some fun dress up.

Hi E.,

My daughter just turned seven. Her favorite gift was a bright pink cozy throw blanket, robe and slipper socks. We have actually given robes and throws as birthday gifts to her friends and they have always been favorites.

You can add to it with slippers and jammies, a stuffed animal or movie.

Good luck. I am sure you will find what you are lookig for. Also if she is going to Disneyland you can get her a gift card. The Disney store sells them there. My kids love having their own gift card because then they can pretty much get what they want.

We have a place called Paint a Piece that has lots of fun ceramic stuff for kids and adults to make. My oldest Sister invited all of the nieces and nephews to make things for their xmas gift. We had a really great time. I'm sure there is a place near you that offers gift cards or if not you can make your own certificate for a day with her favorite aunt to make some cool things together. That's something she'll keep and remember the time she spent with you. Way to go on being a cool aunt!

What about an activity at Disney like a princess makeover? 6 is the perfect age for something like that.

1 / 3