Need Ideas for a Memorable First Birthday Gift

I'm a first-time Grandma and want to get a really perfect gift for my Grandson who will be one in September. Thought I'd see what other families received that made a lasting impression.

First I really thank each and every one of you who offered your ideas. The only problem, I want to get them all! I've decided on the personalized book from iseeme.com and the wooden stool with his name and birth date. I think I'll get him a little rocking chair for Christmas and I will open a savings account or buy bonds or something more practical also. Again, thank you ALL for your help.

www.iseeme.com is a website that sells books which spell out the child's name. Each letter has its own special page with rhyme until the end when the whole name is spelled out. It comes with first and last, and for an extra cost you can add the middle name too.

Go to mysongs.com to find really great personalized CDs for kids to listen to. I think the original "my songs" CD is a perfect choice for a first birthday. Little ones love hearing their name over and over in each song.

If he doesn't already have one a outdoor swing from little tikes. My son loves his and I got one for his cousin for his first birthday and his parents thought that was the best gift.

L. I have the perfect gift, first gather your favorite short baby stories or poems, maybe make up some of your own, since kids love to be read to and learn how to read, now gather a lot of them then go to www.lulu.com and have them published in a personal book for him, the cost is about $ 15.00 plus shipping, do it now if you like this idea cause it takes 2 -- 3 weeks to ship, sometimes sooner. I did this for my daughters 16 b-day she loves to draw so I snooped in her room gathered all her drawings scanned them and published her book of drawings, she will always always cherish this she said. I cried she cried and everytime I tell others this story they cry, it was a touching gift that will inspire her to draw and write, plus one she can share with her kids one day.

Blessings

The child will not remember anything so I gave my grandchildren savings bonds. My kids were very happy to get them as they were overwhelmed with 'stuff'. A few years later when the kids were broke they used them for clothes and other things the children needed. Then I bought them some more!!

Try it's a wrap in WLA

About every 2 years I ask my grandmother to pay for a professional photographer to photograph my boys in lieu of a Christmas gift. They are some of my favorite things and my boys love seeing their picture in frames on my walls.

How about a "People Who Love Me" photo album? He's old enough to appreciate pictures of people he knows and you can add to it as he grows.

Darlene

1 / 3