Banana Bread - Converting a Loaf to Muffins??

I want to use my mom's awesome banana bread recipe for making banana muffins. She said it may not work because the recipe would have to be changed in order for the muffins to bake properly. Does anyone know how that works? How would I know what ingredient needs to be altered or added or removed? She said something about maybe altering the amount of baking soda. Thanks.

Thanks for all the great ideas! I made mini-muffins and they turned out perfect! I knocked the temp down to 325 and put them in the oven for 18 minutes. My daughter loved them too! Thanks again!

M. T
Don't change the recipe just the time cooking. For mini muffins 18-22 min @325 regular size 20-25 @350 good luck!
J. O

I don't think you will need to change the recipe at all. Just put into muffin tins and bake for ~25 minutes. Maybe longer. You will need to check w/ a toothpick or tap the tops to see if they're cooked through.

If you sprinkle some chopped nuts on top these are really good!!

I make Amish friendship bread every other week. Sometimes I make 2 loaves of bread, and sometimes I make a loaf and a pan of muffins. When I make the muffins I reduce the cooking time from one hour to 25-30 minutes. I check them after 25 minutes with a toothpick and then see if they need more time. I don't alter the ingredients at all. Good luck!

I make banana-pumpkin bread so it should be the same. I reduce the flour just a bit-maybe a little less then 1/4 cup. I have not had problems with it. I found that just making the loaf into muffins without any changes makes them way too dense.

I can't help you, but I'd love for you to post your mom's awesome banana bread recipe!

I did this and didn't change the ingredients, just the baking time (checked often with a knife/fork/whatever.)They were great.

I can't help you either, but also would love the recipe. I was just thinking I needed one to use up my rotting bananas.

I bake my banana bread @ 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. I bake banana nut muffins @ 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes depending upon size. Check with a toothpick. You can also decrease the amount of flour slightly, if desired. Enjoy!

M. T
J. O

1 / 3