Advice About Lia Sophia

I am considering starting to sell Lia Sophia jewelry as opposed to going back to the office life. I have two kids, ages 7 and 3 1/2. By the time I pay out daycare/summer camp for the two, most of my paycheck will be gone. I'd love to be able to spend my summer days with them, and make $$$ on the weekends. Has anyone had any experience being a Lia Sophia consultant? I've been to a couple parties & it sounds almost too good to be true.

Thanks so much for all the info. I have thought it out carefully & decided that I'm not really a "sales" kinda gal.

My sister-in-law is a Lia Sophia consultant/advisor. She said that you contact her anytime for any questions. Her work # is ###-###-#### (anytime M-F 9-5pm). Her home # is ###-###-#### and her cell# is ###-###-####. She said you can also contact her via e-mail at ____@____.com

Sorry, her name is Chris and she does FABUOUSLY at Lia Sophia.

A good friend of mine sells Lia Sophia and it is great, if you are an outgoing person who likes to talk and have fun, this is a great way to do it! I had a party over the summer, Barb had games, we had fun and she talked a little about it, her sister got her started and Barb said in the first month she made about 1000. She said it depends on how many parties you book and things like that, but she said she loves it and wont go back to her teaching job, she gets to be with her kids and she has so much positive to say about it. If you are outgoing, go for it, if you are shy like me, it may not work! :)

Hi J.!

As some of the responses have said the Network Marketing/MLM industry is the way to go. I worked in corp. america and quite after having my daughter. I had my own business, designing and creating Bridal gowns and after almost 10 yrs needed a change. A friend suggested MLM industry and I did a lot of research as you're doing; great place to start.

FIRST as some have said find one you're excited about and with the current economy it is IMPORTANT to choose one that's a consumable good and recession free. Find a line that people use every day...that they need and use and that meets the current market trends and make sure the market isn't saturated. I did alot of research and would be happy to talk with you and share my findings.

I got involved with a MLM less than 2 yrs ago and it has been a great experience and journey & I love the success I've experienced and owning my own life/setting my schedule. I love helping others do the same. Whether they are SAHM's or just sick of corporate America.

Again I'm happy to share what I've learned and the research I've done. Just send me an email and perhaps we can arrange a time to talk! Good Luck to you!
My best!
D. M.

Hi J.. I have been a Lia Sophia advisor for a year now and I love it! I started my business when my daughter was 2 months old because I didn't want to have to go back to work (I am a nurse by profession). I was able to take my daughter with me to my shows up until she was about a year old and got to be too mobile to watch at shows. Now I do my shows on the weekends around my schedule and she can stay at home with my husband. It has been a fabulous business for me. I picked Lia Sophia because I didn't have to carry any inventory, it was easy to learn how to do (I had been to several shows and kind of knew the "talk"), I don't have to do any customer service (in terms of return/problems, etc) and the jewelry literally sells itself! I also wanted to do this in particular because there is no minimum monthly quota that you have to reach in order to stay active, which I needed since I had a new baby. So if you decided to take a month off in the summer to play with your kids, you can! Another reason I picked doing this was because I could make money right away, which I needed if I was going to stay home. I've been involved in network marketing businesses which are great, but they take some time to build up where you're making enough money to support yourself. I make an average of $200 per show and right now I'm doing about four shows a month. Each show takes approximately 4-5 hours, so that's not bad for the work you do. We usually say that in 4-6 shows a month, you can make about $1000! You make 30% of the total sales, so that can really add up. Then, once you have people working underneath you, you make 10% of their sales as well, so there is some real income potential. I have someone new starting under me, so I'm excited to have my paycheck increase. It's also really a fun job. I am a stay-at-home-mom other than this, so I really like having the chance to get out and socialize with other women and have fun looking at jewelry. And I've met some really neat people too. I love having the flexibility to work this business around my own schedule. In terms of the jewelry selling itself, one of my first shows was for my neighbor and even though my daughter slept through my presentation, she woke up after it and started screaming (she had colic). Well, all the ladies were walking her around seeing if they could calm her down while I took orders, and everyone still bought stuff and I made almost $200! The jewelry looks much better in person than it does in the catalog, so once people see it, they love it. In reference to the comment earlier about the quality not matching the price, Lia Sophia has a lifetime guarantee on all their jewelry, so if for some reason it breaks, you can send it back. And since you've been to some shows, you know that there are specials all the time, so if you take advantage of those specials, it is reasonable. Now, you mentioned that you thought it was too good to be true. I also thought that at first too. It is a wonderful business and a fabulous company, but with any business, there are challenges. My biggest challenge has been getting shows, and everyone usually goes through a slump like that. But you find a couple new friends and go from there. It also takes a little while to get "in the groove" and feel comfortable with yourself and your presentation. It took me awhile to not feel nervous with every show, but that has passed and now I just have a good time. Even the times when I really don't feel like doing a particular show, I get there and have a great time. You also will have some bad shows where you don't make much money, that's inevitable, but then there are the shows where you make $300 and get three more shows! So everything evens out. So, I didn't want to give you all the good and none of the bad. I have had a great experience with this company. If you have any questions or would like to chat some more, please feel free to check out my website at http://www.liasophia.com/csherman, email at ____@____.com or give me a call at ###-###-####. My group also has an informational meeting coming up which might give you more of a feel of the business and the people. Also, if you don't have an advisor that you're planning to sign up with, let me know and I would be happy to get you started and help you every step of the way. The company recommends that you do your first six shows in five weeks to get yourself a strong start and like I mentioned, after that, there is no monthly minimum. I offer to my prospective advisors, that if they do their first six shows within three weeks, I will personally refund their start-up costs, so you it won't even cost you any money to join! Anyway, just thought I would let you know my experience. Please feel to contact me anytime and good luck with whatever you decide! C.

Wow J. you got a huge response, mostly from people who are doing network marketing. I am involved in two network marketing companies. I am not here to tell you mine is best, but let me tell you what I learned from my experience. I love both companies, and am still working with both. The problem with the first is that it was very prevelant where I live. meaning too many people represent it and it was hard to find new clients. The next company is something new, it is so much fun to be the first to introduct something to people. My advise it to be aware of how many people in your area already buy it from someone, and I would also advise to a consumable product. You will have people ordering every month without having to do another presentation for them. I love network marketing, but realize you need to be self motivated. If you have any other questions please ask. I have learned a lot, and would be happy to share the mistakes I made and hope to help others not make the same ones. Also, be a product of the product. If you love it, use it then people will feel your passion and excitement. Good luck, and read the book your first year in network marketing, very important!!! M. M ###-###-####

I recently found a great new online jewelry and accessory store that allows me to work from home and I am obsessed. I never have time to host parties since having a child but Kitsy Lane allows me to work from home in my spare time. I made a great boutique with MY personal jewelry picks for my friends and family to choose from. It has been so easy to use and the commission is great. If you’re thinking about signing up, use my invite link: http://bit.ly/10VY4GQ

check out premier designs
my friend does it
sharon kelley

Hi J. -

I have 2 home busineses and I absolutely love them both!!! I am an Independent Distributor for Homemade Gourmet - www.homemadegourmet.com/cherylbass815123; and I am also a Tupperware Consultant - http://my2tupperware.com/cabass.
Both offer great opportunities and flexible schedules! I'd love to have you join me....
C. Bass
###-###-####

I have never sold jewelry but just wanted to let you know I went to a Silpada jewelry party last Friday & was very impressed. Most of the items are silver so although I own some Lia Sophia stuff I would buy more Silpada.

1 / 3