Firming the Body

Updated on June 20, 2007
P.V. asks from Dallas, TX

I just gave birth three weeks ago and i have lost most of my weight but i am going to need to do a little work in the tummy area,does anyone know of a good firming cream or do they even work? Thanks!

• Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

C.M.

answers from Dallas on

Keep in mind that you're uterus doesn't return back to it's normal, pre-pregnancy size until about 6 weeks after you've given birth. That's going to effect the size of your tummy a little bit. Give yourself time, keep eating healthy and doing appropriate postpartum exercises. If you're breastfeeding, that's going to help you out, too!
C. @ Celebrate Birth Midwifery and Doula Services

S.D.

answers from Dallas on

Girl - if you are just 3 weeks post partum and have lost all your baby weight ... your tummy will go back! Give it some time ... you JUST had a baby!!!! You spent 10 months stretching and growing that little miracle .... your tummy won't go back overnight. ;-)

That said ... I don't think 'firming creams' work super well ... but it is a good idea to keep the skin moisturized - that should help it return to normal.

Congrats on the baby!

M.F.

answers from Dallas on

Just give it time! A lot of the tummy thing is hormonal and it will be a few months before those are back to normal.

L.P.

answers from Austin on

Yeah it just needs time but, to help it along you can get some control top panty hose or underwear that helped me a lot in fact I am still wearing that stuff and my child is 5 months old!

L.H.

answers from Dallas on

I do agree with the other responses that you just need to give it some time, but I'm on baby number 2 (he's 5 months now) and I lost my weight early as well. I was still left with some tummy area issues and it's almost summertime so I started using a great new product by Mary Kay called Time Wise Cellushape contouring system. If you're interested, then you can check it out on my website at www.marykay.com/loribethhammond

T.C.

answers from Dallas on

I'm so glad to see you've gotten some great answeres here. I just wanted to drop a line to reinerate what someone else already suggested! Mary Kay has some amazing products! I used Visibly Fit body lotion AFTER baby and it helped a ton! If you'd like more info feel free to let me know! You can see it and so much more at my website as well www.marykay.com/tchavira or email me for more info at [email protected]____.com

All the best!

R.S.

answers from Dallas on

As an Arbonne Consultant I have to recommend the RE9 Body Serum & Lotion, I have some before and after photos that I can send you that show the effects of the serum and lotion, it helps to tighten, moisturize, etc., I have used the product since the birth of my second child and it has worked wonders.

Let me know if you are interested.