Where to Live?????? Safe Community?

ok mom's. =) I have been debating for a long time on this and really need help. I grew up in Mesquite, but it has gone down hill. =( I really want to live in a safe place. In a fun community. We have debated on moving to east texas (mt. vernon) but my husband's job is in Plano off the Tollway and Legacy. That is not realistic. So now we are starting to look to move but don't have a clue. If you live somewhere east of dallas and love it please let me know. I would love to hear what you think. Or if you know of place not to live, that would be good to know. Or if you know of a way to research this please let me know. THANKS SO MUCH!

T.,

I grew up in Irving and completly understand where you are coming from. My husband worked in Garland so we decided to move East of Dallas as well. We moved to Royse City 6 years ago and LOVE IT! The schools are great and the community is fun. It is a real country area.

HI T.- We moved to NW Richardson(on the west side of 75 off of Arapaho/Campbell area about 7 years ago for the schools...Canyon Creek/Praire Creek neighborhoods to be exact! It is a wonderful mix of original owners & new families with kids.

http://www.savannahdfw.com/gallery.html , http://www.providence-tx.com/index2.html, Paloma Creek, Celina...
Lots of communities 380North that are convenient to Tollway, but have that small town community feel.

I have lived in Mesquite since I was about 8 years old. I am now 43 and have a 5 year old. I don't why you think Mesquite is going downhill. Our city is not on the bus line and we have kept the alcohol sales out of Mesquite and I don't know alot of places that can say that. Our crime rate is also very low. Sorry I can't help you with your question but I just had to defend Mesquite!

T., A little about me, I am a mother of three (2 boys age 12 & 8) and a little girl (age 5)and we live in Lake Highlands. We absolutely love it because of the sense of community there is here. Yes, Lake Highlands is really just a part of Dallas but everyone says it feels like a little town inside of a big city. And you can't beat the location, it is so convenient to everything. I don't know what size or amount of house you can afford but there are different price points in LH. Just so you know I am a realtor with Keller Williams (just went back to work after 8 yrs. of being SAHM)and would love the opportunity to help you and your family look into LH or any other area that you could call home. You can either call me at ###-###-#### or email me at ____@____.com. Thanks and good luck. R.

Far north Carrollton/southern The Colony area! We live here and it is only about 20 minues from where your DH works. I love this area! We are right between I35 and the Tollway so it is only 10 minutes to either, about 25 minutes from the airport, 20 minutes from 4 different malls. There is also a huge variety of neighborhoods within different price ranges. We are in LISD & Denton County so taxes are pretty low and the schools around here are awesome. We also have an amazing moms group here for kids exactly the ages of yours. If you have any specific questions feel free to message me. We also just moved (from just across the street because we didn't want to leave the area) and have an awsome realtor for this area if you are interested.

we live in forney in the travis ranch community. We absolutely love it here. We bought our very first house last year and have had no problems. The school is actually in the neighborhood so depending on where you live you would be less than a mile from the school. The school is. . There is an awesome community pool, skating rink, and multiple play grounds.

the homes are brand new and are selling for less than we paid just last year b/c of the market. Also - we are right next to lake ray hubbard so we are hoping that the community will eventually expand down to the lake (the road is partically completed) which would up our property value.

They have built multiple elementaries to be able to keep up with the expanding population. The town is definelty growing but you get the nice small town feeling still. My favorite part is that I'm far enough from the big city yet close enough to mesquite and other areas for extra shopping and socializing.

hope this helps

Hi T.,

I'm a local real-estate agent in the Wylie/Sachse area and would love to help you find a new safe place to live.

If you would like to send me a list of cities you are interested in I will email you the crime stats.

Another Mom mentioned Sachse. Right off the bat this sounds like a great place for you. Close to Mesquite if you have friends and family that way, and also close to your husbands office.

Best of Luck!

C. Roeschen
The Trinity Group
Keller Williams
###-###-####
www.TheTrinityGroup.org

I live in Sachse, and feel really safe. However, before I moved I checked out the registered sex offenders in the area https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/Portal/index.aspx. It just gave me peace of mind. In addition, if you are not familiar with homeowners associations, and you find a house in a neighborhood that has one, please make sure you get a copy of their rules BEFORE you sign, and check with the neighbors to see how strict the homeowners association is. Some of the homeowners associations are extremely strict. Some require house decorations for Christmas (sometimes themed), some require you to get approval before you plant ANYTHING in your front yard, ... and the list goes on! Take your time finding something you like. Best of Luck to you!

CAn your husband get a job in Sulphur Springs or Tyler? If you think he can get a job in Tyler... there's a number of places near Tyler to reside. Sulpher Springs would be a nice place. Mt. Vernon too small and nothing is there. You would have to drive to Mt. Pleasant/Sulpher Springs/Longview/Tyler for various things.

We are in Heath (Rockwall County) and LOVE it! Just google city of Heath and check it out! Our schools are fantastic (my son is at Amy-Parks Heath Elem.)! We have the new Harbor area (in Rockwall) which is great - summer time concerts are a great way to spend time with the community! Let me know if you have any questions!
Good Luck,
P/S I just read your responses and Marika M. is my neighbor! We get everyone together on our street and just love it!

1 / 3