Unique Gift Idea for 9 Year Old Girls

Any suggestions for a unique birthday gift for a 9 year old girl?

Well, I wasn't clear in my request that I was only looking for a suggestion for a small gift for a friend of my daughter's so I received a lot of ideas for birthday parties or large gift ideas for my own daughter. I appreciate all of these ideas and will look back at this when her birthday gets near. For this gift, my daughter picked out a cute Caboodles box covered in pink glitter and a bunch of fun goodies like lip gloss, bubble bath, special soap, body scrubber, etc. to fill it. I think it was a success. Thank you again for all the suggestions. This is a wonderful forum!

go to hobbie lobbie or something similar and get her an actuvity. they have a LOT of really cool stuff!

My daughter will also be 9 this June and at Christmas I got her a guitar and an Mp3 player and these things are her life now!!!!
Walmart has cheap but good Mp3's for $30.I did a ton of looking around and reading reiews online before buying so I would get a decent Mp3 player and this one rocks!!!! It is an RCA Pearl,I want my own too now,and as I said Walmart sells them!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

--M. (____@____.com)

It is certainly NOT unique but my 8 year old has recently fallen "head over heels" for American Girls. She just learned about them in December when she was given a gift certificate at a gift exchange. She wanted to spend it at the store so Grandma bought her first American girl doll for Christmas and we took her there after the holidays to use her gift certificate. She takes her doll almost everywhere now, is reading the books, wants to go to the store for her Birthday that is coming up in April, and has Grandma making a full wardrobe for her doll! If you go to the Galleria on any given weekend almost every girl there ages 6-12 has an American Girl shopping bag or doll! I don't think you can go wrong with it for that age.

When my daughter was about that age I went to secondhand stores and bought 5 or 6 formal dresses in smaller but varied sizes, then went to Goodwill and found high heels that matched..you'd be surprised how many you can find that have never been worn..especially in smaller sizes, bought purses that matched, some wigs that could be washed and dollar store gaudy jewelry to match each outfit..then we had a "dress-up" party, I made the girls faces up with very tasteful and age appropriate make-up, they dressed in the clothes..had a formal dinner for them which I cooked and her daddy and brothers 2 and 4 years older served..with the towel over the arm and the whole thing..It was a huge success..we all enjoyed it and learned a ton about manners..how to eat food in courses, it was a pretty big deal but none of us have ever forgotten it..especially her daddy who was tickled that all those little girls all "fancied up" still sounded like a herd of horses clip-clopping down the street to show the neighbors how beautiful they looked..We then bought a rack for her room and kept the pretty dresses on it with the shoes, etc..and all the girls came over and tried on dresses and dressed up for years..it was a huge success. It seemed a little expensive at the time, but I got a cut on the dresses by offering to buy all the ones that one second-hand store had. Those dresses hung in her room until she left for college and are now in a trunk..she can't bear to get rid of all of that..way too many good memories..Just remember to get the dresses cleaned , Lysol the shoes well..and all those precautions..Oh..Long gloves were a huge hit too..especially for the days they were "movie stars"..She was quite a tomboy but liked to do the really fancy thing because it wasn't just like a church dress..

If she is a mature 9 year old and is already into the mirror then a subscription to American Girl magazine is AWESOME! She may not jump up and down at the party, BUT she will be thrilled everyday it arrives in the mail and will devour it cover to cover. It is great at lifting up girls self esteem and uniqueness so that they love them selves inside and out. It is a great wholesome resource for tween girls. If she is still into dolls and make believe this gift is too old for her. For that age a great game or something to make things with. There is a Book that teaches finger string games called CAts cradle and it comes with the long string. The best part she will remember is you sitting down with her and learning how to do it together. If take that time you will inspire hours of fun with it. Just giving it to her is good, but doing it together is priceless.

buy tickets for her and a friend to go see Highschool Musical the Ice Tour at the FW Convention Center. Its in April. I'm taking my daughter and two of her friends to the April 5th show.

Hi!

I had heard about a party where the girls and their girlfriends got to be pampered with new hairstyles, manicures, pedicures, massages and a trip to their favorite restaurant, movie, or pizza place. It involved hiring a student for the manicures and pedicures, a massage therapist who is a student but about to graduate and a professional hair stylist. Then have cake and ice cream and open gifts. To keep it less expensive, ask other mothers to come and help you with the finger and toe nail painting portion. You can always leave out the professional hair stylist and just roll and blow dry hair. If you do any of this, make sure you get permission slips from the parents that it is ok with them and keep the permission slips for at least 3 years in case anything comes up.

The person that did this for their daughter had an absolute blast and it was a huge hit with their daughter and all her friends.

Enjoy!
T. H.

First what is her likes and interests then go from there. aspecial charm bracklet with c harms of her interests on it is always fun to wear. I'm going to be mean Her interests not what you would like her to be interested in. KC

American Girl magazine subscription - wonderful!!!

1 / 3