Treadmill, Tread Climber or Elliptical ...what Is Better?

Updated on July 23, 2011
A.D. asks from Baldwin, NY

I Want to get healthier and my treadmill is 10+ years old so I certainly got my $$ out of it. I have to replace it 'cause it's making a noise and the manufacturer can't guarantee that they have the parts to fix it.

I like to use the elliptical at the gym but the tread climber looks like an effective hybrid. Does anyone have a bow flex tread climber and an opinion? Like iit or leave it?

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Charlotte on

I like the elliptical the best. My poor knees cannot take a tread climber.

answers from Kansas City on

I LOVE the elliptical and would absolutely use it more than a treadmill. But my dog uses my treadmill more than anyone else in the house. I can't figure out how to get the dog to use the elliptical LOL! I don't think he could use the climber either.

answers from San Diego on

I've never used a tread climber. I like the elliptical versus the treadmill because it's low impact. But these days I tend to use the stationary bike the most, because I can read while I use it and mine has preset programs that I like.

I think you should buy the machine that you know you will use. If you like the elliptical at the gym, that's what you should buy. That you exercise at all is more important than what specific exercise you do. Especially when you're trying to decide among such similar machines.

answers from Milwaukee on

I've destroyed THREE stair climber and a treadmill.

Now I use a recumbent bike and a Treadclimber. I love BOTH.

When I can make noise it's Treadclimber time otherwise I use the bike.

The TC was expensive but worth every penny. I never liked the way my feet felt on the ellipitical and never felt like I was really working out.

Next question: Do You Have an Home Exercise Equipment That You Actually Use..????