Third Pregnancy and Feeling Bigger Already

I know I am most likely being silly, but this is my third pregnancy (I am only about a month into it) and I already feel like my stomach is larger. It looks larger - and I have not gained an enormous amount of weight recently. Has this happened to anyone else, or am I being silly? Thanks for feedback either way :)

Thanks for all of the responses! I feel much better - obviously I know I'm going to get bigger, but I was a little concerned since I didn't noticeably "pop" until way later with my other two. At least I'll get more use out of my maternity clothes this time around (which are actually nicer than most of my regular clothes anyway!).

So in the beginning of all pregnancy there is blot, some more than others, the difference is after 2 previous pregnancy, you're body is not as "tight" as it used to be, so it doesn't hold in as well as we might still like. It's totally normal. Congradulations!! PS I couldn't wear any of my normal pants by 7 weeks!!

For me the bigger sooner thing happened on my 2nd pregnancy. I think it's your body reacting to the hormones that are telling your body to get ready to stretch and also the muscles stretched from before. Don't worry, it all seems to even out in the end. But yeah, people kept asking me if I was pregnant very early and kept guess-stimating I was a month or so further along for that pregancy compared to my other 3.

You start to feel and look bigger faster with each pregnancy. It doesn't necessarily mean that you will gain more but it all just starts earlier

Hi L. -

I am on my second pregnancy and the same thing happened to me. Last time, I really didn't show until the end of my fifth month, and this time I started showing by the end of my second month. So, nope, I don't think you are being silly at all.

I swear I am feeling the exact same way and believe I am due in December as well! My stomach is just sticking out and my thighs are growing as well. I get on the scale and don't see a difference. My other pregnancies I lost 10 pounds right off the bat, and definitely didn't show this early. I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 23 month old.

A.

L.,
No you are not being silly, I have 5 and I grew much quicker with pregnancies 3,4 and 5 than I did with my first 2.

Definately happened to me. By the time I hit 12 weeks, I was round and very obviously pregnnt. At 8 weeks, strangers were commenting on my pregnancy, and at 6 weeks I couldn't fit into my pants anymore.

Thankfully I didn't end up a lot larger than my others, I just popped out faster in the beginning.

Hi L.-
You are not being silly. As my midwife explained, your abdominal muscles are no longer as tight as they were prior to other pregnancies so they don't hold you in as long plus she said your uterus actually changes position a bit after your first pregnancy so that it pokes out more and sooner. Annoying but not imagined!

1 / 3